International Experience Canada

Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:48 pm
Travelbug

poubelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

I'm so far behind you guys! I only sent my police cert off today! (premium service though, with any luck my visa application will be sent off on Friday!)
Old Feb 28th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cut_Chemist is an unknown quantity at this point

I've applied for IEC. I am currently in Toronto on the student Bunac Visa, having done the non-student Visa in 2009 (I've only been out of Canada for 2 months over the past 2 years). I sent all my stuff off (including a 9 month old Police Check) and got accepted 3 days after the received my documentation. Uploaded proof of payment last Friday, and got an email today saying it's all been accepted and forwarded to London. For people who have received the Letter of Introduction, how long was the wait from when the application was sent to London to when the Letter was received? Just curious, I'm in no rush. I've been surprised with the quick turn around for Phase 1 so far.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

philgash is an unknown quantity at this point

So I have a quick question. I was applying for an LMO whilst working in canada and wasnt sure whether it would come back positive or not so applied for the iec as a back up if it came back negative. I just recieved a positive lmo today so I can get a TWP. My file has also just been sent to london for the iec so looks like i can use the iec or the twp. I am thinking that i should just use the twp and as the iec is valid for a year before i even have to activate it I could use that the year after the twp if I still dont have permanent residency by then. I am hoping that applying for 2 visas wont interfere with one another. Any thoughts people?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

chrisc23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys I sent my proof of payment on the 9th of February and got the email from France saying that they had received the payment but I never got an email to say that the application had been forwarded to London is anybody else in a similar situation?
Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

justin_h is an unknown quantity at this point

argghhhhhhhhh! My file was sent to london on the 7th Feb! any one else beforehand/same date still waiting on theirs?

or has anyones that was sent after received theres?!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mattieuk
My file was sent to London about 2 weeks after the letter of introductees we've had here so far, so I'm thinking I've got another week or so before getting mine.

What was your file sent to London?
Mine was sent to London on the 7th... The wait is killing me...

Originally Posted by poubelle
I'm so far behind you guys! I only sent my police cert off today! (premium service though, with any luck my visa application will be sent off on Friday!)
The turnaround for stage 1 (upto the sent to London email) has been getting increasingly quicker. Just make sure your application is right first time around... I got someone to read over mine when it was ready to go, to make sure I wasn't missing anything out. Be sure to check your emails regularly after you've sent your app.

Originally Posted by Cut_Chemist
I've been surprised with the quick turn around for Phase 1 so far.
Think the stage 1 turnaround is very quick now. They'll have fewer apps to process than they did at the start.

Originally Posted by justin_h
argghhhhhhhhh! My file was sent to london on the 7th Feb! any one else beforehand/same date still waiting on theirs?

or has anyones that was sent after received theres?!
Same date Justin... Hope it comes today.

Last edited by Craig1987; Mar 1st 2011 at 10:24 am.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm mine got sent to London feb 3rd, and people that got theirs sent to London feb 2nd received their letters of introduction over a week ago.... Nothing yet for me yet, wonder how it can be so varied!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Hmm mine got sent to London feb 3rd, and people that got theirs sent to London feb 2nd received their letters of introduction over a week ago.... Nothing yet for me yet, wonder how it can be so varied!
The wait is killing me... As soon as I get my LOI, I'll book flights, insurance and arrange a party with my friends... In the meantime, I'll miserably check my email 7000 times a day.

Edit: I looked through my email history. The "confirmation of receipt" email was received on 24/01 and stated the processing time was 8 weeks. Which means I could be waiting until the 21/03... I only passed the 5 week mark yesterday, and while the 24/01 seems like an age ago, 20 days does seem a long time... Currently, I'm staying on a friends couch, waiting to go... My friend has made it obvious that if I don't go to Canada soon, I need to leave his house... Just another little hurdle to face. Would be more than happy to go to Canada early on a visitors visa, but I'd need to raise some more money... Frustration is reeeeeeeally sinking in.

Last edited by Craig1987; Mar 1st 2011 at 1:37 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

mrtomsterman is an unknown quantity at this point

The first thing I do when I wake up is check my emails now lol
I hope the LOIs start being sent out by the bucket loads soon.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrtomsterman
The first thing I do when I wake up is check my emails now lol
I hope the LOIs start being sent out by the bucket loads soon.
Mine first eh ... j/k

It would be great if everyone got theirs asap. The wait is a bit of a joke, especially when you consider how much shorter the processing time is for the WHP for Australia and the UK.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry for replying twice in a row, but I just got my letter of introduction... So excited... I'll stay on here to see how everyone else gets on and help if i can.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:28 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Craig1987
Sorry for replying twice in a row, but I just got my letter of introduction... So excited... I'll stay on here to see how everyone else gets on and help if i can.
Congrats man! Now get your behind off your friend's couch, and get flying!

Well done
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

congrats! Yours really did come first lol
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

justin_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Craig1987

WHATTTTTTTT!? WHERES MINE?!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

I am sure he was lucky! Mine was sent to london on the 7th too. We should be the next batch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.