International Experience Canada

Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

kc85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Third6
Yes, definitely check!! Like I said earlier the customs/immigration officer whatever they're called didn't stamp my passport when I entered for a 6 week visit last summer. My friend got called over for "extra interrogation" and I went over to help him out. Once she ok'd him and stamped his passport I asked if mine needed to be stamped too but mine should have been stamped already. The woman went BALLISTIC! Cause me and three others had all gone through at the same time meaning we would have been in Canada illegally. She was screaming and shouting "someone is gonna get fiiiirrreeeddd!!" haha. Was kinda funny afterwards but the stress of it all made me throw up as soon as we got to the hotel ha.
lol sounds crazy- i'm nervous now thinking about it! third6 where'd you go in canada before? im thinking of hitting east coast for 6months then migrating to west coast for last 6- but if i remember how thailand went- i shouldn't make plans as everything could change!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

xanirakx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kamshaft
hi guys,

need a bit of help, im filling out the application kit and i click on 'english' as the service/language required. But after page 4 the whole application is in French!!! ive tryed restarting the applicaton etc... but i still get the same problem! Has anyone got a clue as to whats going on lol ??

thanks
kamshaft
My application does the same thing - has anyone figured out why?

Thanks
Karina
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

chaddsuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you believe this..... I sent for the police cert via the premium service, got my pictures and got my forms together with the copy of my passport etc

I took my time with the application and sent it to Paris using a premium air service which cost £32, I had to get it to Paris quickly as I'm 31 next Saturday, I sent the forms yesterday and all was great until..... I got home and realised I've somehow manage to lose my passport while I was out!

Does anyone have any idea where I stand, I can't start a new app as I'll be 31 next sat! I haven't yet reported my passport missing in the hope that it doesnt get reported before my visa arrives or that by some miracle it turns up in the house or something daft .... I'm so gutted it's unreal
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by poubelle
The bank stamped my POF today!! Sooo excited. This means I'll get my photograph endorsement back tomorrow (I hope) and can post my PC the same day. With any luck I'll get that back by next Thursday then can send off my visa on Friday!
Good luck with it. Remember that if you have any questions, it's best to ask on here. Better wait a few hours for a response on here than wait a few weeks for your app to be sent back to you.

Originally Posted by chaddsuk
Can you believe this..... I sent for the police cert via the premium service, got my pictures and got my forms together with the copy of my passport etc

I took my time with the application and sent it to Paris using a premium air service which cost £32, I had to get it to Paris quickly as I'm 31 next Saturday, I sent the forms yesterday and all was great until..... I got home and realised I've somehow manage to lose my passport while I was out!

Does anyone have any idea where I stand, I can't start a new app as I'll be 31 next sat! I haven't yet reported my passport missing in the hope that it doesnt get reported before my visa arrives or that by some miracle it turns up in the house or something daft .... I'm so gutted it's unreal
Jeeeez... That's very unlucky. Maybe someone here will be able to give you better information, but retrace all your steps, ask at police stations... Sometimes transit stations (i.e bus and rail) will get things handed in and they'll display them in the glass at the service window. Just retrace every single step you've taken and check everything with a fine tooth comb. With a bit of luck, you'll find it.

If not, apply for a new passport. I know they do certain checks on you, but I'm not sure if they'll be aware you've changed your passport. As far as they're aware, you've already showed them a valid copy. With all that said, good luck to you and I hope you find your passport.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

I'm pretty sure you'd have to submit a new application if you can't find the passport as the passport numbers will no longer match but I'm not 100% on that.

Your only options are to re-trace your steps like Craig has said. Call the local police station etc and see if someone has handed it in. Good luck man, can't even imagine what must be going through your head!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I did already retrace my steps and contacted the shops I visited with no luck, I know the passport number doesn't change so I guess I could maybe get another passport asap and they might not know about it, I'll call the police and maybe leave it a short time and call the passport office? I'm at a total loss to be honest!... Arghhh lol
Old Feb 26th 2011, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Yeah I did already retrace my steps and contacted the shops I visited with no luck, I know the passport number doesn't change so I guess I could maybe get another passport asap and they might not know about it, I'll call the police and maybe leave it a short time and call the passport office? I'm at a total loss to be honest!... Arghhh lol
But if you have to get a new passport the number will change will it not? I dunno, I've only ever had one passport in my life ha
Old Feb 26th 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

My thinking is that if you get your passport reissued, you may still be accepted. If they'd be willing to give an additional copy of the same passport (not sure how it works) you might be ok... I really don't know what to say. That must feel gutting.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry mate if you cant find your passport your actual work permit will be issued at the point of entry. Your letter of introduction will show you old passport number so you will need to explain to immigration that this one was lost. Your work permit will be issued with your new passport number.
This quote is from the Korean WHV program but all going to be the same

"I renewed my passport after having received my letter of authorization. Do I have to inform you of this?

No. It is not necessary to change your letter of authorization. You can simply explain to the port of entry officer that you have renewed your passport. You may wish to present a photocopy of the identification pages of your old passport"

You need to report you passport lost asap though incase some scum gets there hands on it and uses it for identity theft.
This dosnt concern your application to the IEC though just leave your application as it is to be processed

Last edited by tee1; Feb 26th 2011 at 8:38 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys you have made me feel so much better about my application, I'm hoping that getting a new passport soon shouldnt make a difference as my passport was valid at the time I applied. Oh well nothing I can do now but cross my fingers!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone else had their letter of introduction? Expecting mine today... I can always hope...
Old Feb 28th 2011, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Canuckinuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Craig1987
Anyone else had their letter of introduction? Expecting mine today... I can always hope...
I am hoping my boyfriends comes through today or tomorrow too! It has gone a bit quiet on this thread I think everyone is anxiously hoping theirs comes today. When did yours get sent to London? My boyfriends got sent 7/02. Exactly three weeks today!!! Fingers Crossed for everyone!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

Now that people have started to get their LoI's through (still waiting on mine, wil have to check my Hotmail account when I get home from work!), I guess it's time to start thinking about insurance...

Anyone found any decent policies yet? In particular, I'm planning on going to Canada on a one-way ticket - has anyone found any policies that will allow this? I've found Insure&Go online which appear to, but no-one else yet.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canuckinuk
I am hoping my boyfriends comes through today or tomorrow too! It has gone a bit quiet on this thread I think everyone is anxiously hoping theirs comes today. When did yours get sent to London? My boyfriends got sent 7/02. Exactly three weeks today!!! Fingers Crossed for everyone!
My application was sent to london on the 7th of february today... My application was probably in the same bundle as your boyfriends lol... Hope mine gets processed first though... And then your boyfriend's gets processed immediately after.

Originally Posted by Mr. Numbers
Now that people have started to get their LoI's through (still waiting on mine, wil have to check my Hotmail account when I get home from work!), I guess it's time to start thinking about insurance...

Anyone found any decent policies yet? In particular, I'm planning on going to Canada on a one-way ticket - has anyone found any policies that will allow this? I've found Insure&Go online which appear to, but no-one else yet.
I haven't but it would be great if those who have found insurance policies would post some advice on here. I will do so myself when I eventually get an insurance policy. Obviously, no one should feel obligated to provide this information, but in the interest of everyone here, sharing this kind of information will be very helpful. Obviously, keep your sensitive information to yourself though... I just mean a rough guide of provider/policy type/price.

EDIT: Damn... just checked my hotmail for the 546th time today... While I'm waiting, I have applied for a number of "immediate" start jobs, even though I would happily go to canada a week today... Enough time to see my mum (who returns from holiday on friday) and to have a good party with my friends. I saw a new email... Started reading the "topic" and saw "Application for administrator"... First two words got my hopes ridiculously high... I have promised the owner of the internet cafe I've been visiting daily that when the email comes through, I'll do the "David Brent" dance, no matter how busy her cafe is...

Last edited by Craig1987; Feb 28th 2011 at 2:23 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:16 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Craig1987
My file was sent to London about 2 weeks after the letter of introductees we've had here so far, so I'm thinking I've got another week or so before getting mine.

What was your file sent to London?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.