International Experience Canada

Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:04 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Do you think sites like BUNAC or what ever the irish equivalent is contributed to the rapid decline in visas? Maybe a lot of people registered with them a while ago and this was the outcome.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

cptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Do you think sites like BUNAC or what ever the irish equivalent is contributed to the rapid decline in visas? Maybe a lot of people registered with them a while ago and this was the outcome.
Bunac were not provided with any visa for 2013 I believe. i.e. no places were reserved for bunac this year.

Also,am I right in saying that we won't need our police check for the first part of the application? BEcause I haven't received mine yet.

Last edited by cptkid89; Feb 14th 2013 at 8:50 am.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:25 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know that but you can still register with BUNAC or equivalent and they can apply for you no? Or do they purely offer guidance when you pay your top dollar
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

cptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Yeah I know that but you can still register with BUNAC or equivalent and they can apply for you no? Or do they purely offer guidance when you pay your top dollar
Well I believe that you still have to do your application yourself, so all you are really paying for is their support when you first go over, and the ability to go on one of the bunac flights with other bunacers.

Waste of money in my opinion.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yeastery
Oh my god... just worked it out.
Guys, TorontoBartender *IS* Canada. He was Canada this whole time!!

Ok, time for bed
Haha OMG maybe he is!

TorontoBartender are you the secret mean Embassy Insider watching us go crazy waiting?
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

BUNAC were surprisingly useful, at least the SWAP Toronto people were great. They've gone up in price and don't have reserved spaces so not quite worth it anymore
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by empirestate
Haha OMG maybe he is!

TorontoBartender are you the secret mean Embassy Insider watching us go crazy waiting?
I really really wish I was!! Sadly I'm not though
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

chaka63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Question about Bunac and the IEC. Does anyone know whether it is just from this year that Bunac are having to get their quota through the IEC? I spent a year in Canada before with them (Bunac) and thought then that it was through the Swap scheme.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

haidub is an unknown quantity at this point

These visas are starting to really annoy me now not being out. I was hoping to have left my job by now

Any people who have travelled to Canada before using the iec, are you able to tell me how much roughly you spent on insurance last year and anywhere you think is best getting from?
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Well just had a gander through, None of the other still closed countries have opened since Germany on the 7th, so still 12 countries not open. Roll on 3-5pm PLEASE!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haidub
These visas are starting to really annoy me now not being out. I was hoping to have left my job by now

Any people who have travelled to Canada before using the iec, are you able to tell me how much roughly you spent on insurance last year and anywhere you think is best getting from?
I actually worked for a travel insurance company during my time there from 2011-2012 - TIC Travel Insurance. The rates for visitors insurance is pretty reasonable. Also, I don't know what the requirements will be for insurance but after 90 days people who are in Canada on a work permit can apply for OHIP/BC Medical/other provincial healthcare which is free and offers better coverage than most insurances.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

haidub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chaka63
I actually worked for a travel insurance company during my time there from 2011-2012 - TIC Travel Insurance. The rates for visitors insurance is pretty reasonable. Also, I don't know what the requirements will be for insurance but after 90 days people who are in Canada on a work permit can apply for OHIP/BC Medical/other provincial healthcare which is free and offers better coverage than most insurances.
Thank you very much!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haidub
Thank you very much!
No worries! I learnt from experience as I bought a year's worth of insurance, got OHIP and then couldn't get a refund on the 9 months I didn't need! Oh well...
Old Feb 14th 2013, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

You are required to provide evidence that you have cover for 12 months when you enter though. Even if they don't check, its better to be safe than sorry, they may not give you your visa if you don't have cover for the full 12 months. 99% of people on here would advise against not getting insurance for the full 12 months.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cptkid89
You are required to provide evidence that you have cover for 12 months when you enter though. Even if they don't check, its better to be safe than sorry, they may not give you your visa if you don't have cover for the full 12 months. 99% of people on here would advise against not getting insurance for the full 12 months.
That's a fair point. Always better to be safe than sorry. With the company I worked for you can get a refund of the premium you paid if you are able to show confirmation of government health insurance as long as you've made no claims on your policy.

My problem was that I had purchased insurance from a UK company and they didn't recognise Canadian GHIP - I would recommend a Canadian insurance company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.