International Experience Canada

Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by otoro
the extra 40 and 200 POUNDS are done during booking, as options - the 40 one is options plus and the 200 one is the club class booking. you can call to add these onto your existing booking if they still have allocations left. i booked about two months ago.
Ah, I will be doing this then! Thanks for the info!

Edit: For any of those wanting to know - the option plus is £49 I think for 33kg (spread over 2 bags) or £65 for 46kg (over 2 bags) the second option you can do at the counter but for the option plus you need to give them three days notice.

Last edited by Jennika; Feb 5th 2013 at 6:30 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

fridge46 is an unknown quantity at this point

For the people who had pages ripped out of their passport, which country are you from?

When I read that, I freaked out... what gives them the right to rip out pages?!

Having read my UK passport, I am pretty sure no customs has the right to do so and technically you can report them to the police!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fridge46
For the people who had pages ripped out of their passport, which country are you from?

Having read my UK passport, I am pretty sure no customs has the right to do so and technically you can report them to the police!!!!
the permit's a crappy piece of paper they staple onto a page in yr passport. they could at least make it a nice sticker instead!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

noverscotier is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, for the proof of payment do you think it matters too much whose account it comes out of as i am in canada now and be using a canadian bank account that is my parents as they have online banking (so i can print screen) and i may not be able to get a receipt with the right info if i use my u.k one , will that be an issue or does the account have to be in your name???

Thanks
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

hayleyke is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone told me a few pages ago it wouldn't matter- as long as your application has been paid for, as I think you get a World Tracking Number for payment purposes (someone correct me if i'm wrong I just can't remember how far back in this thread that was already answered ^_^ )
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

noverscotier is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hayleyke
Someone told me a few pages ago it wouldn't matter- as long as your application has been paid for, as I think you get a World Tracking Number for payment purposes (someone correct me if i'm wrong I just can't remember how far back in this thread that was already answered ^_^ )

I knew i read it somewhere but trawling through i couldnt see it but thanks anyway
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

hayleyke is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm kind of in the same boat- in Canada at the moment visiting but can't set up a new payee on my online bank without my branch's card-reader, so my mum's going to pay and I'll transfer her back as she's already set up as a payee, fingers crossed ay.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Frankz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fridge46

Germany, I was in Canada as a visitor doing a day-trip to the US, Peace Arch border crossing into Washington state.
The US customs officer went through all the pages of my passport and found the expired Canadian study permit (a piece of paper folded twice, stapled into the passport), asked me if the permit is expired, when I said yes she said I don't need it anymore and ripped it out which created a hole in the passport page. Then she said they have a change of shift now and left, only the stamp was missing.

Going back into Canada was a lot easier, they asked, if we are all Canadians, we answerd one Canadian, one Turk, one Macedonian, one German. They asked us if our passports are stamped, we said yes. They let us in without even checking the passports.

Now 8 years later I would have needed my old study permit to look up the UCI which I never heard about before ... long story.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by noverscotier
I knew i read it somewhere but trawling through i couldnt see it but thanks anyway
It was most likely my post. During my application last year, a family member paid for my application fee as a farewell gesture. It caused no issues. CIC just need to be paid for each application - 'who' pays doesn't matter to them, as long as they can match the proof of payment to your WTN (World Tracking Number).
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi for those that are interested, last year, in feb 2011 i enterered canada, via vancouver as a visitor, i told them all about the iec and how i had applied and was waiting for a response, this seemed to help my case, a few questions about my bf etc, standard, but i was through in next to no time.
then when my Letter came through did a trip to the border and didnt even cross, its got a special name, flagpole/flag poling or something, and you basically leave canada but dont enter the usa just come straight back round to the entering canada side, here they put in my working holiday visa thingy, didnt ask for proof of funds or health care and were really nice, (had a few nasties before)

I'm still hoping it will be a 24month visa

for the standard email they keep giving out about calling cic and asking about visa options has anyone done this, as i know you cant extend a working holiday visa but are they giving you bridging visas until the IEC opens this year?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 1:07 am
Just Joined

CMc.390 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jenlaa88
Hi guys, I most certainly know I will need a medical done for this visa as I will be working as a physio. Im just seeing if anyone who has already participated in the iec program before could tell me how long they had to wait to get their medical done and if it delayed their visa process time. Thanks in advance!
Hey!

Yeah, I'm currently in Toronto on the 2012 IEC program. I did the medical as I was planning on teaching when I got here, however the severe lack of teaching jobs in Ontario hasn't allowed for such opportunities. I've ended up working as a Graphic Designer so basically p*ssed £300 into the wind paying for the medical!

The medical delays the application by about 3 weeks at most. You need to book with a doctor from their list in a clinic nearest to you.

Good luck!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

silv26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone think they will require a police certificate this year? I checked the Irish version - which is also fully online - and they didn't need one. I think I might head to the bank tomorrow and get them to send me a statement via post as I have recently moved here in Calgary.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

also like the above said, who pays, doesnt matter, as long as they get the money, my mum paid last year all was fine,
i also read somewhere on the IEC site, wish i could find it, maybe it was on the irish not uk site, that it doenst matter who pays it
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by silv26
Does anyone think they will require a police certificate this year? I checked the Irish version - which is also fully online - and they didn't need one. I think I might head to the bank tomorrow and get them to send me a statement via post as I have recently moved here in Calgary.
the staement have to be a week old from when you enter the country with your LOI and they put the visa paper in your passport, if you got it now it would probably run out before you got your LOI
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jennika
Hiya - I'm due to fly to Toronto with Air Transat next Thurs - were you carrying a laptop with you? If so did they specifiy whether it was okay to carry it separately from your hand luggage or did have to be specifically inside it.....?

Thanks!
hi ive flwn airtransat here, vancouver, and back to the uk a couple of times, first time i upgraded to clubclass so i could take an extra 10kg checked luggage, 15kg instead of a measly 5kg handluggage, got to use the lounge etc and had decent service on the flight, etc, actally had real knives and forks plenty of alcohol better food etc,
but now they do an option plus and for $40 + (minimum) $25 for seat selcetion,($65 total i paid) you can do this option plus, i added it online, which includes seat selection for standard seat, i have to have a window seat, and extra 10kg in weight, not too bad i thought, they didnt have the option last year,
end of jan i flew van-gatwick and had one of the newer updated planes, was much nicer, but the seats dont seem to recline much, and i was unable to sleep, and i can usually sleep on all forms of transport, you did get your own screen etc with quite a few, not all recent, movies and shows etc, just about enough to keep you occupied, i guess, i didnt use it watched a load of downloads on my laptop

you can have a carry on bag, ie mini suitcase, and hangbag/purse/laptop bag, they do weigh the hand luggage though they are pretty strict on it, but i put all the heavy stuff in my handbag, weighed my hand luggage then put it all in my hand luggage after check in

also ive found if not going club class, checking in takes forever, online check in doesnt always work etc, thats quite a pain

Last edited by poppy88; Feb 6th 2013 at 7:00 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.