International Experience Canada

Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

alaskayoungx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Are we supposed to already have a kompass account or do we make one when the first stage opens?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by alaskayoungx
Are we supposed to already have a kompass account or do we make one when the first stage opens?
We're supposed to make it when first stage opens
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

UK28 is an unknown quantity at this point

what a joke!!!!! I have a blister on my finger from pressing refresh all day.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

spaynter is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me or have they finally updated the page..... but all they've done is take off the promise that it will open by tomorrow. There is still no Kompass link and it still says that they are closed to applications.

Beginning to worry that we'll not be able to renew our visa in time now.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:16 pm

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone heading to Calgary when they get there visa?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by salmonfella
anyone heading to Calgary when they get there visa?
Yep!! Seems a loit of people are....
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by spaynter
Is it me or have they finally updated the page..... but all they've done is take off the promise that it will open by tomorrow. There is still no Kompass link and it still says that they are closed to applications.

Beginning to worry that we'll not be able to renew our visa in time now.
It's incredibly frustrating. Hopefully they will open it sometime in February. And yeah, changing the promised date hours before it expires was a cheaky maneuver on their part. I need to be in Canada by the end of May, and I'm starting to get worried these delays will ruin things for me completely (if I even get a spot in the mad rush for the permits like the Irish experienced!)
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
It's incredibly frustrating. Hopefully they will open it sometime in February. And yeah, changing the promised date hours before it expires was a cheaky maneuver on their part. I need to be in Canada by the end of May, and I'm starting to get worried these delays will ruin things for me completely (if I even get a spot in the mad rush for the permits like the Irish experienced!)
I'm in canada now but my visa runs out on 23rd April. I only need the IEC for a few months while I sort out my residency. I'm really worried that i'll end up getting kicked out by the time they open it.

The frustrating thing is that almost every other country is open now.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
I needed to be there by like end march which is never gona happen now- I have a boyfriend out in Calgary Iv not seen for 6 months whilst waiting on this stupid visa rubbish& a job here in england i have to give 3 months notice too- so at this rate Il be lucky to be there by summer! why are they allowed to change the goalposts at a moments notice?! stress!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

RickD is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, it is very frustrating. I need to have my app accepted by my birthday in May otherwise I'll be too old and will have to leave Canada when my current visa expires in December.
What we al need to remember though is that they may be hammering out the fnal details of the agreement and making sure that the online app process is up to the job of handling the inevitable rush. Be patient people, it will happen soon
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RickD
I agree, it is very frustrating. I need to have my app accepted by my birthday in May otherwise I'll be too old and will have to leave Canada when my current visa expires in December.
What we al need to remember though is that they may be hammering out the fnal details of the agreement and making sure that the online app process is up to the job of handling the inevitable rush. Be patient people, it will happen soon
Urghh... I forgot it is my 30th in May as well. They must have the online thing working because all the other countries in Europe can apply already. Even Irelands applications went live yesterday. Just us left out at the moment.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

THIS BETTER ALL BE TIDYING UP THE EDGES FOR US TO HAVE A TWO YEAR VISA! Thats all the Il forgive the extra wait for :-)
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Urghh... I forgot it is my 30th in May as well.
You can apply when you're 30.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

. They must have the online thing working because all the other countries in Europe can apply already. Even Irelands applications went live yesterday. Just us left out at the moment.
Originally Posted by empirestate
Glancing through, As of now (Thurs 31st 8pm) these countries still arnt open

UK, Germany, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain & Sweden
J
Sooooo We arnt the only ones waiting by any means...Not that that makes me feel any better :-p
Don't know if this is still the case (apart from Germany - that one's still not open), but looks like we aren't the only ones who are still waiting.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

RickD is an unknown quantity at this point

Urghh... I forgot it is my 30th in May as well. They must have the online thing working because all the other countries in Europe can apply already. Even Irelands applications went live yesterday. Just us left out at the moment.
As Empirestate says, lets just hope they're finalising details, which includes a 2 year visa and an age limit increase...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.