International Experience Canada

Old Jan 25th 2013, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

dsmwright is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by kangoolari
Not completely decided yet, but I was also looking at going to Montreal Gives me a serious incentive to work at my French in the next few months
I recommend it! I was out there for six months before it started getting reeeeeally cold! If you want to get to grips with french nice and easy, I would recommend the Michel Thomas beginners and advanced french audio tapes. It had me conjugation like a pro in a handful of hours!!
Old Jan 25th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dsmwright
Hey,

Dandaman1; The first confirmation I got was the cheque being cleared, then I received the email a day or two later, I hope that is useful to you!

D
How long after you sent off your application did your cheque clear? It's been a week for me and I've had neither! Starting to worry it's been lost in the post and that I should send off another...

Thanks for the response anyhow
Old Jan 25th 2013, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

dsmwright is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
How long after you sent off your application did your cheque clear? It's been a week for me and I've had neither! Starting to worry it's been lost in the post and that I should send off another...

Thanks for the response anyhow
My app form was sent on the 12th Jan, I got my confirmation on the 16th, then I received the certificate yesterday (24th)... I wouldn't be toooo worried by my dates though because the volume of certificates for them to process has undoubtedly gone up since the CIC site had recently shown signs of life. Fingers are crossed for you!

D
Old Jan 25th 2013, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

DaveLow11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Plus depending where you live the snow and poor weather may have delayed things a little
Old Jan 25th 2013, 1:48 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to apply for a common in law visa while you are working in Canada on the IEC working visa?

I am aware that you have to have 12 months consecutive living with your partner so I intend to apply for the common in law visa on my "second" IEC working visa. That is obviously assuming all goes well visa and relationship wise!
Old Jan 25th 2013, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Is it possible to apply for a common in law visa while you are working in Canada on the IEC working visa?

I am aware that you have to have 12 months consecutive living with your partner so I intend to apply for the common in law visa on my "second" IEC working visa. That is obviously assuming all goes well visa and relationship wise!
You dont apply your OH applies for common law sponsorship.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sor/spouse.asp
Old Jan 25th 2013, 2:32 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You dont apply your OH applies for common law sponsorship.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sor/spouse.asp
Ha she'll love that! That won't be a problem in that case it doesnt matter if I am on the IEC working visa....
Old Jan 25th 2013, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Why are people panicking and filling out forms that they aren't even sure will be used!!!!
Because everyone knows all the visa's will have run out by Feb 2nd
Old Jan 25th 2013, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dsmwright
I recommend it! I was out there for six months before it started getting reeeeeally cold! If you want to get to grips with french nice and easy, I would recommend the Michel Thomas beginners and advanced french audio tapes. It had me conjugation like a pro in a handful of hours!!
Thanks - I'll look into that
Old Jan 25th 2013, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oaken
Because everyone knows all the visa's will have run out by Feb 2nd
They won't, people were applying in May last year and still got visas.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jennika
They won't, people were applying in May last year and still got visas.
I definitely wasn't being sarcastic.

People need to chill, it's not even open yet and people are already getting stressed over it.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

mishpotato is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oaken
I definitely wasn't being sarcastic.

People need to chill, it's not even open yet and people are already getting stressed over it.
Nice try Oaken. You're clearly trying to get to the front of the queue.
Not falling for that one
Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mishpotato
Nice try Oaken. You're clearly trying to get to the front of the queue.
Not falling for that one
My master plan is foiled!
Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

hayleyke is an unknown quantity at this point

Im overseas at the moment, will be back in the UK on the 19th February- should I be ok in sending off for my police certificate once I get back or should i try and get a friend or relative to do it now? I haven't got a scanner or the required passport photos etc etc here with me / mailing it from here would take just as long as the wait until I get home....
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hayleyke
Im overseas at the moment, will be back in the UK on the 19th February- should I be ok in sending off for my police certificate once I get back or should i try and get a friend or relative to do it now? I haven't got a scanner or the required passport photos etc etc here with me / mailing it from here would take just as long as the wait until I get home....
As many of us here have been fighting to get those new to IEC to realise, the permits will not all go within a few weeks of the programme opening, so don't get too worried about having to send off for your police certificate early. It took several months last year (until May, in fact) for all the permits to go. Waiting until you return home will be fine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.