International Experience Canada

Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:37 am
Just Joined

jenlaa88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Hi! I am new to the thread and so excited about going to canada! I have today just sent my police check off, I hope and pray that it will come back in time for the visa window opening. If it doesn't I hope all the visas don't go!
Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Wizardoffire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, welcome to BE.
You should be fine, based on previous years it takes a few months for all the visas to be claimed
Old Jan 19th 2013, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jenlaa88
Hi! I am new to the thread and so excited about going to canada! I have today just sent my police check off, I hope and pray that it will come back in time for the visa window opening. If it doesn't I hope all the visas don't go!
Last year it took until April/May for the permit quota to be met. I sent off my application in April and was still accepted. You'll be absolutely fine
Old Jan 19th 2013, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

My plan is to get a LOI via IEC, start LOI once I have secured a job and stay for as long as I can.

Is there a way to convert IEC visa into PR once you near the end of your visa? I am 30 so no chance on applying again.

Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. Just found this forum and read through about 100 pages which has been really useful. I've got a couple of questions that I can't see have been asked before, if anyone can help?

My partner has driving offences (driving without due care), which were over 5 years ago but he got arrested over it. Does anyone know if that is likely to fail the ACRO? We'll be sending off the forms on Monday but anxious to know now!

Do you usually have to provide proof of address as part of the IEC application? I haven't got any official documentation at my current address other than 1 utility bill. So just wondering if that will be enough? I've read that it's usually just a copy of passport, CV and police certificate.

Hopefully the IEC applications will open once we've both got our ACRO police certificates back (and clean!). Getting nervous now! But my mind has been put at ease reading the above posts that it doesn't usually fill up that quick.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

SteveMears is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, my first post.
I have been reading lots of the posts here for the last few days and everyones posts have been very reassuring and informative, thank you all.
I'm glad the IEC website finally shows some more signs of life, would people suggest holding off creating either CIC accounts (on the page linked to from the IEC website) for now? The CGKey Login seems more appropriate to me; I dont like the idea of "User ID and password that you may already have, such as for online banking." However I dont want to get ahead of myself.

Also, I would be interested in the response to Nudda's question above my post. I too would, in an ideal world, like to use the IEC as a gateway for a much longer stay in Canada but not 100% sure how I'd go about it.

Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE STILL NEED TO GET OUR PASSPORT COPIES CERTIFIED??? OR do we scan or take a digital photo of the passport directly and then upload it?????? thanx : )
Old Jan 19th 2013, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kassibien
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE STILL NEED TO GET OUR PASSPORT COPIES CERTIFIED??? OR do we scan or take a digital photo of the passport directly and then upload it?????? thanx : )
ALSO, CIC havn't updated all the information to suit new e-apps, Im trying to figure out whats relevant. For instance this page says it has a "new im1295 form" but the page was last updated in early december last year...

"NEW: We have introduced a new Application for a Work Permit Made Outside of Canada [IMM 1295] form. It comes with additional forms and an instruction guide. Please read the guide carefully as it contains important information on how to complete the form." Its 'additional forms and instruction seem to be exactly the same as last years if im not mistaken. ? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...tions/work.asp : )
Old Jan 19th 2013, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

jenlaa88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you wizardoffire and dandaman1 for your responses, you have put me at ease! As for the CGkey account I have signed up already and have also created a CIC account as I think it saves doing it later.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

I had a thought today.

My passport expires September 2014, which of course won't be a problem if the IEC is only for 12 months (I plan on going in June)... would it be worth updating my passport now (I'd like to apply ASAP)
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

DaveLow11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
Just new to this and found this site last night. Some great advice and help regarding the IEC process and applying, I was just wondering if the DFAIT letter of acceptance would be released when the window is open as cant find anything anywhere on CIC site or internet. Also cant find the IEC-Kompass account info.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Will id definitely be 1 year long, not 2?
Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveLow11
Hi All
Just new to this and found this site last night. Some great advice and help regarding the IEC process and applying, I was just wondering if the DFAIT letter of acceptance would be released when the window is open as cant find anything anywhere on CIC site or internet. Also cant find the IEC-Kompass account info.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.
I think they wont let us in on the IEC Kompass until the opening maybe? (Just to make it that little bit more akward). The DFAIT letter is only after we complete stage 1 (Kompass) I think within 2 weeks of applying for stage 1, they send this, that enables us to continue to Stage 2 which takes 6 weeks from date of application. 8 weeks in total : )
Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nudda
My plan is to get a LOI via IEC, start LOI once I have secured a job and stay for as long as I can.

Is there a way to convert IEC visa into PR once you near the end of your visa? I am 30 so no chance on applying again.

Thanks
I think theres a way of getting around applying at 30 - I think theres room to do it before your 31ST birthday, I remember reading this - as long as your application falls on a day BEFORE you actually turn 31. I read this around November last year..... in IEC FAQ's? can't remember where I read it - sorry will try to find, I need to know for myself also : )
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:35 am
Just Joined

DaveLow11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for this information Kassibien its greatly appreciated.. Just didnt want to be losing out and missing forms as hoping to get visa asap so can go and join my girlfriend.

Lets hope it opens up soon for us all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.