International Experience Canada

Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Forum Lancastrian, could you clarify the "return ticket" requirement. I believe it states that on arrival one must have either a return ticket or funds to buy one. As few will want to book a return flight a year in advance, I guess most will opt for the fund option. Are you required to have a certain amount above the $2500 for a return ticket, or can you include it in that. If it is to be over and above the $2500, how much extra would they consider reasonable?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeBrit
Forum Lancastrian, could you clarify the "return ticket" requirement. I believe it states that on arrival one must have either a return ticket or funds to buy one. As few will want to book a return flight a year in advance, I guess most will opt for the fund option. Are you required to have a certain amount above the $2500 for a return ticket, or can you include it in that. If it is to be over and above the $2500, how much extra would they consider reasonable?
The $2500 funds is supposed to be for expenses you would need to pay for the first 3 months in Canada. The $2500 does not include money for a return ticket as the work permit is valid for 12 months. On the IEC there is no legal requirement to have a return ticket if entering at a Canadian Airport.
Entering the US with an onward ticket to Canada is OK as you are in transit.
Entering the US and then wanting to drive into Canada is not something I recommend as you are now dealing with US authorities at a US airport.
Obviously arriving by car, bus or ferry is not a problem but its getting past USCBP at a US airport that may cause problems.
It is expected that during the 12 months validity of the work permit and getting a job you will save up for a return ticket.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:42 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

I had about $4k and no return ticket. But you can arrive with $2500 and no return ticket as per the rules.

In any event, no one asked to see anything beyond my passport and the IEC letter.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You have to read closely. If initially applying for a Police Certificate then the 3 months validity is in effect. If already on the IEC and applying for a 2nd one then the certificate is valid for the 12 months since time of issue.
As the IEC TWP is for 12 months usually then most Police Certificates have usually expired example Cert issued in Jan IEC activated in May for 12 months. Reapplies in Apr for 2nd IEC then certificate is no longer valid.
Sigh I never read about the 3 months thing I only ever saw the 12 months valid text on the IEC web site! Mine is valid from November 6th last year, would you recommend I apply again? This would not have been a problem if they were not so late on opening up the application process.

Can anyone actually link me to where on the IEC it says the 3 months? I can't see it.

Last edited by Kraven; Jan 16th 2013 at 8:15 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Ohhh man now i'm right on that police certificate. Thanks for that. Turns out i shouldn't skim read documents that are important to my life.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kraven
Sigh I never read about the 3 months thing I only ever saw the 12 months valid text on the IEC web site! Mine is valid from November 6th last year, would you recommend I apply again? This would not have been a problem if they were not so late on opening up the application process.

Can anyone actually link me to where on the IEC it says the 3 months? I can't see it.
The IEC website doesnt but this one does
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

onyourradar is an unknown quantity at this point

this is really bumming me out, im getting scared it wont open or something now

got my check only last week so should be ok for a while yet.

i pray to jesus that it opens up this weekend :'(
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The IEC website doesnt but this one does
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp
That's only for immigration applications though.

For IEC, the police check is valid for a year.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

I hope you are right but I am still not confident
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes it is and I said that in a previous reply however the initial one has to be submitted within 3 months of the application if first time application.
Visa offices may also request certificates from students and temporary foreign workers.
You may need a criminal record check if you are coming to Canada as a live-in caregiver, tourist, student or temporary worker. If you are applying for permanent residence, you must have one done.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:01 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, valid for a year after it's been issued. The length of validity isn't the important bit for a visa application but when it was issued: within the preceding 3 months is the requirement.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

The $2500 funds is supposed to be for expenses you would need to pay for the first 3 months in Canada. The $2500 does not include money for a return ticket as the work permit is valid for 12 months. On the IEC there is no legal requirement to have a return ticket if entering at a Canadian Airport.
Entering the US with an onward ticket to Canada is OK as you are in transit.
Entering the US and then wanting to drive into Canada is not something I recommend as you are now dealing with US authorities at a US airport.
Obviously arriving by car, bus or ferry is not a problem but its getting past USCBP at a US airport that may cause problems.
It is expected that during the 12 months validity of the work permit and getting a job you will save up for a return ticket.
Thank you for answering my question so thoroughly. One more if you dont mind - on arrival are you expected to prove that you have health insurance in place for the entire year?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:35 am
The ride never ends

Thank you for answering my question so thoroughly. One more if you dont mind - on arrival are you expected to prove that you have health insurance in place for the entire year?
You must, on arrival, have insurance for the entire year (or until your return flight out of Canada) and it must have repatriation included.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

It appears you are right, so everyone hold fire on re-applying for the police certificate if it's your first time, and it's nearing 3 months old. I e-mailed the IEC directly regarding this and this is what they said;

-----------------------------
Sent: 17 January 2013 09:31

Can you confirm that for first time applicants, police certificates have to be submitted with the application while they are less than three months old?

Thanks,

Richard

------------------------------------------

Dear Richard,

We accept police certificates which have been issued in the last 12 months.

Kind regards,

The IEC Team

------------------------------------------

YAY!!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Kassibien will become famous soon enoughKassibien will become famous soon enough
Question IEC UK - I'm in the DARK- New e-apps

Hi, I am partaking in the IEC this year and, I have a feeling the new system takes a weight off of the offices involved as they seem to be asking the applicants themselves to do their own scanning, etc. . . So WE have to do a little extra, such as scan or take photos of each of our own documents to feed it into the computer and send to them??

Eg: Scan passport photocopies AND scan the certifications, AND scan our Visa photos? and our Police certificates etc etc, rather then compile it all for them to sort out. . . seems like an experiment to me.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob486.asp

I'm slightly stressed and worried about exactly how this is all gonna work out. Especially now that we have to wait for a 'Conditional Letter of Acceptance' before we apply for a work permit. NOT to be negative im all for being positive, just a bit freaked.

Also when is it going to finally open im secretly hoping not for a while as I'd like to get everything ready and organised. . . the IEC site is my HOMEPAGE, lol, ive been checking everyday for months, I feel like theres loads going on that they wont post on there : ( didnt even know they had 'OB's' and I should be looking at CIC as well as IEC.
IN THE DARK OR WHAT??? Anyone also curious, or clueless? Its so disorientating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.