International Experience Canada

Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Opens on the 18th last time I checked the website - don't think anyone will be able to apply early that way (I can imagine people posting on teh 16th to try and 'time' an arrival in Paris perfectly on the 18th!
you cant do that without being able to access the correct forms which I assume wont be until the 18th?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 5:45 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chanceUK
you cant do that without being able to access the correct forms which I assume wont be until the 18th?
I sure hope so - I'm already at a disadvantage in sending my forms over from Canada!

I think the only forms up were voided ones - I don't know where people are getting the forms from that have been refused to be signed by banks...
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:58 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly using the Irish form which may or may not be valid on UK applications or possibly using the void form or requesting another document/letter be signed by the bank.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

I managed to get a bank statement signed and stamped by my canadian bank no problem - they did it there and then when i went in the other day. Now the only problem is getting my police certificate done. I'm just wondering how soon it will before all the visas from the canadian government are taken..
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:36 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah_m
I managed to get a bank statement signed and stamped by my canadian bank no problem - they did it there and then when i went in the other day. Now the only problem is getting my police certificate done. I'm just wondering how soon it will before all the visas from the canadian government are taken..
I guess it probably is as I expected then regarding the finance form, that things like that are normal in Canada even though they are completely abnormal over here.

Good luck with your ACPO cert and I hope it all works out for you. It may be worth looking at overnight courier services or something.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Nic_Van is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone applying from Canada know if we need a new ACPO? I had to get one to come here in April with BUNAC, and given that I've been in Canada for the year, I'm not sure if I need a new one. The website says we don't need to get a Canadian one if we've been living here, but then if ACPO only covers the UK, do we really need to get one? I'm soooo confused...
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nic_Van
Does anyone applying from Canada know if we need a new ACPO? I had to get one to come here in April with BUNAC, and given that I've been in Canada for the year, I'm not sure if I need a new one. The website says we don't need to get a Canadian one if we've been living here, but then if ACPO only covers the UK, do we really need to get one? I'm soooo confused...
We don't need to get one from Canada but we do need to get one from the UK - it has to be dated within the last 12 months and ACPO said the government nearly always want to see one dated within 3 months..

Are you applying through the IEC? I'm guessing you're currently on a visa out in Canada? I've just got a response from bunac saying i can't apply for another visa until im back in the uk.. i'm just hoping the iec allows me to apply
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:25 am
Sidecar Falcon

I've just got a response from bunac saying i can't apply for another visa until im back in the uk.
That's likely because most insurers don't like to sell you a policy unless your in the UK at the time of application and Bunac are trying to make things a bit easier for themselves by excluding as many participants who are currently overseas as possible.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
That's likely because most insurers don't like to sell you a policy unless your in the UK at the time of application and Bunac are trying to make things a bit easier for themselves by excluding as many participants who are currently overseas as possible.
do you think that the iec will allow it?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:44 am
Sidecar Falcon

do you think that the iec will allow it?
It says on the FAQ that you can do that if you want to. Everyone gets two goes under the new rules as long as they are still eligible and you can either take them one after the other or a year apart etc.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:10 am
Just Joined

browncow will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

Anyone know when we dload the application kit? I'm off to India tomorrow and was hoping to get this in the post in the morning...

Would anyone recommend BUNAC, as they're programme is open apparently.. But i don't really want to pay them £250 for what i can gather is essentially nothing.

Cheers guys.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:12 am
Sidecar Falcon

You are essentially paying them to reserve a visa for you so it takes some of the worry out of it.

If you're on Bunac and your application has an error then you get the opportunity to sort things out. If you go direct and your application has an error then you are basically stuffed.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:14 am
Just Joined

You are essentially paying them to reserve a visa for you so it takes some of the worry out of it.

If you're on Bunac and your application has an error then you get the opportunity to sort things out. If you go direct and your application has an error then you are basically stuffed.
Bugger, Have you used them before? If i went and paid now would they send me the application kit through straight away.. Time is not on my side.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:17 am
Sidecar Falcon

The application pack is sent through email and you still send the application pack directly through to the CIC in Paris.

If you applied today then you will still only get the application pack through once the CIC have opened the program and Bunac will need to register you first. It could be today but would most likely be tomorrow at this rate.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:31 am
Just Joined

The application pack is sent through email and you still send the application pack directly through to the CIC in Paris.

If you applied today then you will still only get the application pack through once the CIC have opened the program and Bunac will need to register you first. It could be today but would most likely be tomorrow at this rate.
So with BUNAC I can pay them money to reserve me a place on the programme, but I don't have to apply straight away? I can wait till I get back from India in a couple of months time.. Is that right?

The other thing is, that I turn 31 in May.. Do I have to enter Canada before then or once I've got my letter of introduction that's it I'm in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.