International Experience Canada

Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by snuggs
They dont let you pay for excess? I am hoping to bring an extra bag and pay the fee required.... surely this will be fine?
As there isnt any way to pre-book baggage with Air Transit ...
nope no excess. imagine my panic when all i had to throw away were electronics. i had to smoosh them in my handbag. if you pay the extra 40 bucks (as an option during booking) you can get 10kg on carry on and 33kg on check in, between two suitcases. if you pay an extra $200 you get 15kg carry on and 40kg check in i think. i brought a guitar case and suitcase and it was EXACTLY 33kg. EEESH
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by otoro
nope no excess. imagine my panic when all i had to throw away were electronics. i had to smoosh them in my handbag. if you pay the extra 40 bucks (as an option during booking) you can get 10kg on carry on and 33kg on check in, between two suitcases. if you pay an extra $200 you get 15kg carry on and 40kg check in i think. i brought a guitar case and suitcase and it was EXACTLY 33kg. EEESH
Originally Posted by snuggs
They dont let you pay for excess? I am hoping to bring an extra bag and pay the fee required.... surely this will be fine?
As there isnt any way to pre-book baggage with Air Transit ...
I spoke to Air Transat when we booked our seats (1 month ago) and the guy told me that we could not pre-book excess baggage online or over the phone but we could pay £65 per excess suitcase when we arrive at Gatwick. I thought this was odd but he confirmed that that was their policy and we would be fine to pay for an extra suitcase on arrival at the airport. This was the UK call centre I spoke to and was quoted GBP not CAD.

Otoro, were you flying Canada-Uk as you quote the cost in CAD?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

mylet1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking at this forum for weeks and it has been extremely useful, especially knowing that everyone else is in the same boat.

I have been to Canada before on a TWP two years ago and received a client ID number, but can't find it anymore as I have a new passport. Is there any way of retrieving this as I believe we may need it for the MyCIC bit.

I would be very grateful for any help on this.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snofairy
I spoke to Air Transat when we booked our seats (1 month ago) and the guy told me that we could not pre-book excess baggage online or over the phone but we could pay £65 per excess suitcase when we arrive at Gatwick. I thought this was odd but he confirmed that that was their policy and we would be fine to pay for an extra suitcase on arrival at the airport. This was the UK call centre I spoke to and was quoted GBP not CAD.

Otoro, were you flying Canada-Uk as you quote the cost in CAD?
oh sorry, it was in pounds (sorry memory is bad, and i was flying uk - canada). weird, i was told i wasn't allowed to pay any excess whilst they were weighing all my crap, hence having to throw stuff away. i would've paid otherwise.
the extra 40 and 200 POUNDS are done during booking, as options - the 40 one is options plus and the 200 one is the club class booking. you can call to add these onto your existing booking if they still have allocations left. i booked about two months ago.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mylet1
I've been looking at this forum for weeks and it has been extremely useful, especially knowing that everyone else is in the same boat.

I have been to Canada before on a TWP two years ago and received a client ID number, but can't find it anymore as I have a new passport. Is there any way of retrieving this as I believe we may need it for the MyCIC bit.

I would be very grateful for any help on this.
Did you keep the work permit? If you did its on the right hand side client ID
1234-5678. If not then it will be on file with CIC but how you will request it before you apply will be contacting CIC by email and giving them your full name and DOB. Usually CIC should check if you have previously been issued with a client id there again Ive seen clients with 3 ID numbers.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

mylet1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
1234-5678. If not then it will be on file with CIC but how you will request it before you apply will be contacting CIC by email and giving them your full name and DOB. Usually CIC should check if you have previously been issued with a client id there again Ive seen clients with 3 ID numbers.
Thanks for this. No I don't have the visa any more I will get in contact with CIC asap.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by otoro
oh sorry, it was in pounds (sorry memory is bad, and i was flying uk - canada). weird, i was told i wasn't allowed to pay any excess whilst they were weighing all my crap, hence having to throw stuff away. i would've paid otherwise.
the extra 40 and 200 POUNDS are done during booking, as options - the 40 one is options plus and the 200 one is the club class booking. you can call to add these onto your existing booking if they still have allocations left. i booked about two months ago.
Thanks Otoro, I booked our flights back in September and wasn't given an options plus choice, I'm going to ring them tonight cause I'm really worried about this, I would hate to get to Gatwick and be told we can't take an extra case! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Frankz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acrylicus
Just a note for all those panicking - the UK had a notice saying "Before feb 1st" where as Germany didn't specify a date (I believe).
The German site also had the notice saying "before Feb 1st". It was added on Jan 17th and removed on Jan 31st.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maximpouska
Hi - did send a PM with the text and a link.
Can you please send me the link also, I am German planning to apply for IEC.
Or post it here, there may be more people who very interested in the original information. I couldn't find anything with google.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frankz
Or post it here, there may be more people who very interested in the original information. I couldn't find anything with google.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ex.aspx?view=d
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

My Canadian study permit was ripped out by a US customs officer when it was expired, so I also had to contact CIC.

I called them, from abroad you can reach them with this number during their work hours: 1-613-944-4000. To get through to an agent, I think I used the combination 1-2-1-2-1-0, else you get only prerecorded information.
After answering some questions to identify myself I received my UCI/client-id.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My Canadian study permit was ripped out by a US customs officer when it was expired, so I also had to contact CIC.

I called them, from abroad you can reach them with this number during their work hours: 1-613-944-4000. To get through to an agent, I think I used the combination 1-2-1-2-1-0, else you get only prerecorded information.
After answering some questions to identify myself I received my UCI/client-id.
Job done and I also posted the link for the IEC Germany. See we Brits dont hold a grudge
Old Feb 5th 2013, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Job done and I also posted the link for the IEC Germany. See we Brits dont hold a grudge
Thanks, but I was looking for the source of this information:
Originally Posted by maximpouska
this information is from Germany - maybe the same problem exist in UK.

translated via google

####
Today I called again at the Canadian embassy (Berlin), openly described the situation to me and many others and that a reference to the message does not work. Because the thought that the delay is because of the cooperation agreement was not signed by both parties, for any reason whatsoever.
Then I called directly, the federal government ... they referred me to the Foreign Office and the turn to the civil service and then to the countries Department for Canada ...
The information was confirmed by the German office and that this cooperation agreement will be closed until the spring ... when exactly can not say but probably in March.

Btw: Had problems uploading PDF files to the myCIC account with Firefox, got always messages like "Document is not a valid PDF file" or "incorrect file format". After switching to Internet Explorer it worked. Hope this information helps future applicants.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

maximpouska is an unknown quantity at this point

hello it was first postet at facebook - the german group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/worka...anada/?fref=ts

It is also on my facebook site

<snipped>

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 2nd 2013 at 3:41 pm. Reason: Site rule 9. No advertising in posts.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

jenlaa88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I most certainly know I will need a medical done for this visa as I will be working as a physio. Im just seeing if anyone who has already participated in the iec program before could tell me how long they had to wait to get their medical done and if it delayed their visa process time. Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.