Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

International Experience Canada 2012

International Experience Canada 2012

Old Nov 24th 2011, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

mazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada 2012

Originally Posted by cheekychappy3
Hey! Actually also aiming for October at the moment, seriously I can't wait! WHere are you going in the states!?!!?
I'm thinking of doing a Trek America tour up the West Coast, so from LA to Seattle. And then of course over to Vancouver, although a few days of the Whistler slopes might be called for first

What are your travel plans? Do you have any employment plans or are you just going to arrove and go for it? Also super excited - Sept/Oct seems like a long way away but I know it'll be here before we know it!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Villa Lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mazmataz
I'm thinking of doing a Trek America tour up the West Coast, so from LA to Seattle. And then of course over to Vancouver, although a few days of the Whistler slopes might be called for first

What are your travel plans? Do you have any employment plans or are you just going to arrove and go for it? Also super excited - Sept/Oct seems like a long way away but I know it'll be here before we know it!
awesome

me and a friend are taking a trip next year too

spending around 6 weeks in south america, 7 weeks in the states and then upto Canada around June. I need to head back to UK in Aug/Sept but then will hopefully be activating the working hol visa back in Canada in October

I'm liking the look of vancouver at the mo :sunglasses:
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:39 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fpop
I can get by with fairly straight-forward conversational French, but I'd say my reading and writing is better than my spoken. How easily did you find a job there? Or are you bilingual French-English anyway?
You might be OK. I know a few people here who can't speak French - it depends what job you were hoping to get because service jobs, e.g. shop work, ideally need both but some of my new friends out here speak English all the time in their job. Showing that you're willing to make the effort to improve seems to go a long way though...

I haven't got a job out here yet but that's because I'm a geophysicist so there's not as many opportunities or vacancies, although I have some interviews coming up. But no, I'm not bilingual. I went to a French school in France for two months before moving here because I couldn't speak a single word of French (except bonjour) and since then I've carried on practising. Montreal's easy to get away with speaking English all the time though...

Cat
Old Dec 4th 2011, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

anneka87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: International Experience Canada 2012

Hi I am new to this and was looking for some information on applying for the 2012 international experience. I saw in some other peoples comments about police reports, how do you go about getting these? And does anyone know of a possible date for when we are able to apply?
Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2011, 1:50 am
Just Joined

cheekychappy3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mazmataz

Dude, I feel ya, I am gonna be getting into Vancouver Island from LA bout Sept, Oct can't wait!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 8:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anneka87
Hi I am new to this and was looking for some information on applying for the 2012 international experience. I saw in some other peoples comments about police reports, how do you go about getting these? And does anyone know of a possible date for when we are able to apply?
Thanks
Hi, and welcome.

A quick search of the forum (or the Wiki) will reveal the info you are searching for (as will post no. 4 on this thread, which answered those very questions). Please take a look at the other IEC thread that is running which has loads of info in. If you could also take the time to read the Newcomers to the Forum sticky thread (link in my signature) it would be very much appreciated.

As the OP has had his questions answered and the other IEC thread was started with the aim of keeping all IEC info in one place, I shall close this thread now - OP please do PM me if you'd like it reopened.