Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

International Experience Canada 2012

International Experience Canada 2012

Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:36 am
Just Joined

fpop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International Experience Canada 2012

I'm very interested in applying for a working holiday visa for Canada next year, but know very little about it and was wondering if anyone can help? I've emailed a company called BUNAC and requested a brochure, but can't find information anywhere about what sort of date the applications will open for 2012. I also don't know how quickly these things are processed, i.e. if applications open say January 2012, by what time will visas be processed? I'd also like to know if it matters if you stay in one particular city for the whole duration of the working holiday, as I'm only really interested in Montreal.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:53 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada 2012

If you are approved/accepted then you may live and work wherever you choose.
The application process usually opens around November each year and if successful you will receive information shortly thereafter. You should also look at
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nce/index.aspx
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the information, yes I'd had a little look at that website too when Googling around. Would you say it's better to go through a company, or just apply directly? I've given my email address to the immigration site as they say they email when the forms are available.

Do you know if it's quite hard to get in, or is it reasonably straight forward if you're quick to apply?
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:09 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by fpop
Thank you for the information, yes I'd had a little look at that website too when Googling around. Would you say it's better to go through a company, or just apply directly? I've given my email address to the immigration site as they say they email when the forms are available.

Do you know if it's quite hard to get in, or is it reasonably straight forward if you're quick to apply?
1. Well there were 5000 IEC UK visas this year, Bunac only got 500, the rest were for those that applied at CHC. There is a very good possibility that Bunac won't get any next year. The application process won't open up before January/2012.
2. Read the FAQ from this year, it will give you a heads up what will be required. Note in 2012 the IEC applications will go to London rather than Paris. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...s_travail.aspx
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:15 am
Just Joined

By CHC do you mean the official place where you apply direct? That's interesting Bunac only had a small amount to offer last time. It seems cheaper overall to just apply direct, as it seems you have to pay £250 on top of the normal expenditures to buy the Bunac 'programme' pack? Of course you'd get help from them etc for that money, but I'm planning on being able to live with someone I know over there so I wouldn't be completely alone.

I'm quite excited by all of this, has anybody on here done this before?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

cheekychappy3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi FPOP, I am new to this too but have been reading threads for a few weeks now, wanted to join in! I am very excited also, how is your application going? I just applied for my police reports today :-D
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:33 am
Just Joined

I haven't started an application yet because the 2012 applications haven't opened yet. My circumstances have actually changed somewhat, so I'm not 100% sure I'm going to apply now. Which area of Canada are you interested in?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Oh wow, you seemed so sure before! I am going to Vancouver, or more specifically probably Vancouver Island where I have friends, what about you?? I can't wait, need to save a bit first but I can't wait. Is it something good thats preventing you from going or are you just suspending the idea? Will
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Well the person I was intending to go and live with was my boyfriend, in Montreal, who now unfortunately isn't my boyfriend anymore (his decision). I have a reasonably stable job over here at the moment so it makes sense to stay and save up some money, but I'm still open to the idea of maybe Toronto or Vancouver at some point. Have you just finished uni or have you been working?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Well I think you should go anyway, you never know you could meet the man of your dreams there, an unexpected twist!! I graduated 3 years ago (27 now) and am just itching to travel and enjoy myself, my life is good now but I really need to travel. I did uni in the states, I LOVED it so can't wait to get back to North America. what about you?
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 10:02 am
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

I've done BUNAC before as a student and lived in Vancouver and I'm doing it again independently this year and living in Montreal right now. I personally would recommend doing it independently. BUNAC didn't really give me any help I needed. They pretty much just helped us apply for the Social Insurance card but it's ridiculously easy to do - just fill in a form and they'll even send the card to the service centre if you don't have an address at the time you apply. The money you save by not applying through BUNAC could be better spent on rent...

@ FPOP, how's your French?
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 10:05 am
Just Joined

I can get by with fairly straight-forward conversational French, but I'd say my reading and writing is better than my spoken. How easily did you find a job there? Or are you bilingual French-English anyway?
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

mazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond reputemazmataz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey cheekychappy33, when are you planning on going to Vancouver? I'm aiming for October next year after some USA travel
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Hey! Actually also aiming for October at the moment, seriously I can't wait! WHere are you going in the states!?!!?
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 11:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fpop
I'm quite excited by all of this, has anybody on here done this before?
Loads have - take a look at the IEC thread in the immigration section of the forum. For future info, any visa related queries belong in that bit of the forum rather than the Canada forum which is for more general stuff.

If you could take a read of the Newcomers to the Forum sticky thread (above or link in my signature) it would be much appreciated.

Good luck with your application and enjoy Canada next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.