Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Interim Pathway for Caregivers - Work Permit Requirement

Interim Pathway for Caregivers - Work Permit Requirement

Old Aug 15th 2019, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Nik G will become famous soon enoughNik G will become famous soon enough
Default Interim Pathway for Caregivers - Work Permit Requirement

We used to have a caregiver for our kid and we are trying to help her get her PR.

She finished her time with us and realised she needed a year of post secondary education in Canada. She'd original come of a work permit and her education had all been UK based vocational NVQ style.

So she gets a study permit and begins an ECE certificate course with the intention of applying for PR at the end of it. She's currently part way through this course.

Here's her problem, the Interim Pathway for Caregivers requires she be on, applying or restoring a work permit (which she isn't), and the new Caregiver Immigration Pilot requires she has 24 months of full time work experience in the last 36 months (which by the time she's finished her course she won't have).

Her study permit allows her to work, and I will call CIC/IRCC regarding the validity of using that for the Interim Pathway but I wondered if anyone has experience or knowledge that would help us with this?

It sort of seems like she is stuck between two programs with no option but to get another work permit at the end of her study permit.