British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Intends to move to Manitoba MNPN (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/intends-move-manitoba-mnpn-834193/)

chyke2000 May 18th 2014 3:59 pm

Intends to move to Manitoba MNPN

Hello guys, these thread has been awesome, whoa! this is like a car manual. I applaud every contribution.

I am considering a move to Manitoba under the MPNP programme from the UK, however there is a hitch. I have no connection to Manitoba in terms of relatives, post educational or work experience etc.

My places of choice are Winnipeg, Thompson, Brandon

1-How do I scale this?

2-I have tried to apply online but its asking for connection to Manitoba.

3-Can i go on a visitors visa to Manitoba and apply on arrival?

4-What are my best options? My self assessment scored a 70 but without any connection.

Many thanks

Former Lancastrian May 18th 2014 4:06 pm

Re: INTENDS TO MOVE TO MANITOBA MNPN

There are two paths to Manitoba:

Manitoba Employment: Applications are accepted from temporary foreign workers and international student working graduates who have been offered a permanent job after six months with their Manitoba employer.
Skilled Workers with a Connection to Manitoba: Applications are accepted from qualified skilled workers who are not currently working in Manitoba but can demonstrate a strong connection to the province through family or friends, past education or employment, or by invitation of the MPNP, and be assessed sufficient points on five eligibility factors – age, English proficiency, work experience, education and adaptability.
The MPNP accepts applications from skilled workers in any occupation, as long as you demonstrate employability in Manitoba.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/apply-to-mpnp/

Manitoba Employment means that you have been offered a long-term, full-time job after at least six months (continuous) full-time employment here as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate.
Unlike the other connections to Manitoba in the MPNP, skilled workers applying through Manitoba Employment are NOT subject to a points-based assessment.

Siouxie May 18th 2014 4:15 pm

Re: Intends to move to Manitoba MNPN

Originally Posted by chyke2000 (Post 11265380)
Hello guys, these thread has been awesome, whoa! this is like a car manual. I applaud every contribution.

I am considering a move to Manitoba under the MPNP programme from the UK, however there is a hitch. I have no connection to Manitoba in terms of relatives, post educational or work experience etc.

My places of choice are Winnipeg, Thompson, Brandon

1-How do I scale this?

2-I have tried to apply online but its asking for connection to Manitoba.

3-Can i go on a visitors visa to Manitoba and apply on arrival?

4-What are my best options? My self assessment scored a 70 but without any connection.

Many thanks

You would probably need to do a recce trip to Manitoba and make connections in the area of interest. There is a lot of information about how to go about this in the thread here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...02457&page=301

:)

I have moved your thread to the Immigration forum.

manitobain May 18th 2014 10:37 pm

Re: INTENDS TO MOVE TO MANITOBA MNPN

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 11265386)
There are two paths to Manitoba:

Manitoba Employment: Applications are accepted from temporary foreign workers and international student working graduates who have been offered a permanent job after six months with their Manitoba employer.
Skilled Workers with a Connection to Manitoba: Applications are accepted from qualified skilled workers who are not currently working in Manitoba but can demonstrate a strong connection to the province through family or friends, past education or employment, or by invitation of the MPNP, and be assessed sufficient points on five eligibility factors – age, English proficiency, work experience, education and adaptability.
The MPNP accepts applications from skilled workers in any occupation, as long as you demonstrate employability in Manitoba.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/apply-to-mpnp/

Manitoba Employment means that you have been offered a long-term, full-time job after at least six months (continuous) full-time employment here as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate.
Unlike the other connections to Manitoba in the MPNP, skilled workers applying through Manitoba Employment are NOT subject to a points-based assessment.

To add to this, the best points don't help you, if you don't have that strong connection. The only exception from that rule are MPNP by invitation (if and when MPNP does recruitment missions overseas) or the exploratory visit, which hasn't been open for over a year and reads now it will only be open for a short period of time due to high demand.

If you have a highly sought job and/or specialization that is sought, you might be able to find an employer who is willing to apply for an LMO, but my prediction is, that that will be slimmer and slimmer, as the overhauls of the different programs as of late are not in the immigrants favor..if you ask me.

neilcumming May 20th 2014 12:32 pm

Dont go to Thompson!

AlmostThere12 May 20th 2014 12:59 pm

My husband was in a sought after occupation and he couldn't find an employer to take him. Union rules wouldn't allow general recruitment to be offered to foreigners. Very annoyingly though, they would do an annual trip to the Philippines to recruit staff. :frown:

We are now in Saskatchewan, although as Manitobain says, chances are getting slimmer and slimmer. Hubby's employer is no longer allowed to employ internationally, even though still short staffed.

chyke2000 May 20th 2014 9:52 pm

Thanks for your advise, it's most appreciated