Inland vs. Outland

Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

thousandtrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inland vs. Outland

Hi,

We are preparing to submit my husband's application for PR under spousal sponsorship rules. I'm trying to get my head around the Inland and Outland options. We already live in Canada, and he has a work permit that expires in about six months (IEC, non-extendible). Is there anything that would prevent us from applying Outland, while we live in Canada?

I understand there is a possibility he'd have to be interviewed in London, and we can afford to lay aside money for that, in case it happens. But I just want to ensure there is not going to be a penalty for applying to the London office from Toronto. The timeline is just so much better that I can't imagine what the advantage to applying Inland would be, if there is no reason not to apply Outland. If we went Outland, my husband is looking at a work gap of around 4-5 months. If we apply Inland, it could be upwards of a year, and I fear for our finances if that happens.

Thanks!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland vs. Outland

Yes, he can apply outland.

This Wiki article may help - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada