inland spousal sponsorship

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

fire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default inland spousal sponsorship

I was wondering if anybody sponsoring his spouse from inside Canada (and application received after March 21st) has already got his/her AIP?
The reason I'm asking is that CIC has been processing March 21st applications for the last couple of months and when I called the CIC call center, they advised me to ignore the "processing up to" timeline from the CIC website since my application is already "in the system". I don't know what to believe anymore...
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Iggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: inland spousal sponsorship

HI! They got our inland application on April 14th and have been processing it since June 28th. We still have not heard a peep but I am aware of some whose applications began processing in early to mid June that have received AIP in the last couple of weeks. I am hoping that means that ours is due soon. Who knows though....it seems to be taking forever right now. We applied as common law and had a very detailed and organized package but I was still expecting at least a few questions from CIC by now. Anyways..best of luck!

Originally Posted by fire
I was wondering if anybody sponsoring his spouse from inside Canada (and application received after March 21st) has already got his/her AIP?
The reason I'm asking is that CIC has been processing March 21st applications for the last couple of months and when I called the CIC call center, they advised me to ignore the "processing up to" timeline from the CIC website since my application is already "in the system". I don't know what to believe anymore...
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Iggy
HI! They got our inland application on April 14th and have been processing it since June 28th. We still have not heard a peep but I am aware of some whose applications began processing in early to mid June that have received AIP in the last couple of weeks. I am hoping that means that ours is due soon. Who knows though....it seems to be taking forever right now. We applied as common law and had a very detailed and organized package but I was still expecting at least a few questions from CIC by now. Anyways..best of luck!
Yeah, Good Luck Iggy, hope you are next, I guess our turn won't be before January if they don't keep on increasing the processing timelines. Yesterday we called the CIC call center asking them why they have been processing March applications for almost 2 months, are they on strike or something? " we don't know sir" when are we going to hear from them? " we don't know sir" WHAT DO THEY KNOW???

Last edited by fire; Dec 3rd 2005 at 3:28 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

bmido is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on the same queue. I sincerely wish you both - Fire & Iggy - to receive the good news before Xmas. So I can be next
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

ella69 is an unknown quantity at this point

They received my application Apr 1 and started on it in June. I got an agreement in principle last week.
So hang in there
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ella69
They received my application Apr 1 and started on it in June. I got an agreement in principle last week.
So hang in there
You just made my day (night actually)
Thank you
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

retropc is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also in the same boat - my application was received April 12th, and (I just discovered) processing started on June 27th. Today's the first time I've checked eCAS in a while (after reading this discussion), and the first time I've found anything there relating to my application.

Fingers crossed that we all hear something before the New Year...
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

I wish that too Retropc!
But unfortunately the inland processing times went up today to 8-9 months! more delays I'm afraid. But lets all hope to hear the good news soon...

Last edited by fire; Dec 5th 2005 at 8:25 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Apparently, checking eCAS was the thing to do. Took another look this morning, and found that a letter "about approval in principle" was mailed yesterday!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Iggy is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATS!!! That is fantastic news for you. Hopefully it means I'll be hearing something in the next week or so. What a great Christmas present for your family!

Originally Posted by retropc
Apparently, checking eCAS was the thing to do. Took another look this morning, and found that a letter "about approval in principle" was mailed yesterday!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations retropc!!
We are so happy for you
Hey Iggy hope you are next

Last edited by fire; Dec 8th 2005 at 3:27 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats! Glad to hear that things are progressing. So there is still hope for more good news before Xmas.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

grantjen is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the only way to know if it is in process by e-cas? Did anyone get any information by phoning the call centre? They told us that it is not possible to get that kind of information by phoning them only by e-cas. But others have said on here that they phoned them. Ours still does not register when we put in receipt number (we don't know client number). We applied in July and we don't know if it is even open yet.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by grantjen
Is the only way to know if it is in process by e-cas? Did anyone get any information by phoning the call centre? They told us that it is not possible to get that kind of information by phoning them only by e-cas. But others have said on here that they phoned them. Ours still does not register when we put in receipt number (we don't know client number). We applied in July and we don't know if it is even open yet.
My receipt number never worked on e-cas. So I called the call center +/- 3 months after my application arrived at Vegreville to get a Client Number. If you don't have one already (from your TRV), you can contact the call center & ask for it.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Not there yet...

The letter 'regarding approval in principle' arrived today. I've been deemed eligible to apply as a spouse in Canada (yay!), but they require more documentation:

- A US state police certificate (I sent an FBI certificate with my application)
- A police certificate from England, although I haven't lived there since 1993.

I'll call CIC tomorrow to check this - according to both the guide and the letter, police certificates are only required for countries where I've lived in the last 10 years.

Hopefully this won't slow things by too much...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.