Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland spousal PR application timeline question!

Wikiposts

Inland spousal PR application timeline question!

Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Lazenby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inland spousal PR application timeline question!

Hey guys,

Firstly, I'd like to say how much I appreciate all the help people have given me in the past when I've had questions about Canadian immigration! I've definitely been pointed in the right directions thanks to people on this forum's advice.

I'm currently waiting on a response to my Inland Spousal PR application I made at the tail end of January. I remember reading/being told that it generally takes 6 months for the initial decision to be made, and the timeline on the website indicated this also.

It's been just over 5 months now and I checked the site again. It's now saying that they are assesing applications made up tlll some time in November and the predicted time is 7-8 months. Has something changed? I'm surprised that they are not looking at applications made in January yet!

I'm in 2 minds about ringing up the call centre because I've had problems with them many times, giving me contraditcory info and the like.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom/advice/or recent experience to share?

All thoughts are appreciated,

Matt
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:14 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland spousal PR application timeline question!

Hi

Originally Posted by Matt Lazenby
Hey guys,

Firstly, I'd like to say how much I appreciate all the help people have given me in the past when I've had questions about Canadian immigration! I've definitely been pointed in the right directions thanks to people on this forum's advice.

I'm currently waiting on a response to my Inland Spousal PR application I made at the tail end of January. I remember reading/being told that it generally takes 6 months for the initial decision to be made, and the timeline on the website indicated this also.

It's been just over 5 months now and I checked the site again. It's now saying that they are assesing applications made up tlll some time in November and the predicted time is 7-8 months. Has something changed? I'm surprised that they are not looking at applications made in January yet!

I'm in 2 minds about ringing up the call centre because I've had problems with them many times, giving me contraditcory info and the like.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom/advice/or recent experience to share?

All thoughts are appreciated,

Matt
All you can do is wait. if they state they are working on 13/11/09 that is what they are doing. It all depends on the volume.