Inland spousal appliaction

Old Dec 25th 2004, 9:22 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 50
ella69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inland spousal appliaction

We are already residing in Canada, my husband wants to apply for me since he is already a PR, Is it true that till my application is completed I can not travel outside canada
ella69 is offline  
Old Dec 27th 2004, 8:34 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by ella69
We are already residing in Canada, my husband wants to apply for me since he is already a PR, Is it true that till my application is completed I can not travel outside canada
It is best not to travel outside of Canada while your application is in process. You can but if you were not re-admitted for some reason the application would be lost.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 2:29 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 82
Anne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It is best not to travel outside of Canada while your application is in process. You can but if you were not re-admitted for some reason the application would be lost.

Hello Jim

is this the case even if one has a work permit and has been working full time for the last 6 months.

I applied for a spousal PR back in July 2003 and am still waiting for the final decision!

Thanks in advance for your response.

Anne
Anne is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:56 pm
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by Anne
Hello Jim

is this the case even if one has a work permit and has been working full time for the last 6 months.

I applied for a spousal PR back in July 2003 and am still waiting for the final decision!

Thanks in advance for your response.

Anne
If your inland spousal case has taken that long then there is some problem with it. Almost all of them are completed in much less time than that. Given that I say do not travel outside of Canada unless in an emergency.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 4:30 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 82
Anne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If your inland spousal case has taken that long then there is some problem with it. Almost all of them are completed in much less time than that. Given that I say do not travel outside of Canada unless in an emergency.
Jim

Thank you for your response.

I received a letter from the CIC on 10th December informing me that I have been granted an exemption from the immigrant visa requirement and that a final determination on whether I meet the statutory requirements will be made at my landing interview scheduled for 27th January 2005.

Does this sound routine?

Anne
Anne is offline  
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 5:45 pm
  #6  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by Anne
Jim

Thank you for your response.

I received a letter from the CIC on 10th December informing me that I have been granted an exemption from the immigrant visa requirement and that a final determination on whether I meet the statutory requirements will be made at my landing interview scheduled for 27th January 2005.

Does this sound routine?

Anne
Your application is not an Inland Spousal Category but an H&C case. So far the processing sounds routine.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 1:10 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 82
Anne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Your application is not an Inland Spousal Category but an H&C case. So far the processing sounds routine.
I'm confused. The forms I have completed have been as an applicant for PR in Canada as a spouse of a PR.
Anne is offline  
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 1:47 am
  #8  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by Anne
I'm confused. The forms I have completed have been as an applicant for PR in Canada as a spouse of a PR.
Inland Spousal applications uinder the 2002 regulations do not require the exemption from the regulations that you needed. Thus you are not in that category. It is not too important now.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:37 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 82
Anne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Inland Spousal applications uinder the 2002 regulations do not require the exemption from the regulations that you needed. Thus you are not in that category. It is not too important now.
Hi Jim

Thanks again for your response.

I'm just curious,,, what are the possible reasons for falling under an H&C case without knowing it? As I mentioned, I submitted my application as an inland sponsored spouse back in July 2003. My sponsor (husband) only became a PR in Feb 2003. May be thats the reason!

Thanks for all your help.
Anne
Anne is offline  
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:30 am
  #10  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland spousal appliaction

Originally Posted by Anne
Hi Jim

Thanks again for your response.

I'm just curious,,, what are the possible reasons for falling under an H&C case without knowing it? As I mentioned, I submitted my application as an inland sponsored spouse back in July 2003. My sponsor (husband) only became a PR in Feb 2003. May be thats the reason!

Thanks for all your help.
Anne
The most common reason would be that the applicant is out of status in Canada.
Jim Humphries is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.