Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland Sponsorship : Decision made, now what?

Wikiposts

Inland Sponsorship : Decision made, now what?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

lingganst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inland Sponsorship : Decision made, now what?

Hi all,

I just received a letter saying that a decision has been made regarding my inland sponsorship. From reading some of the posts, I gather that next would be an interview at the Ottawa CIC office. However, the letter says that they will contact me as to the decision.

I am wondering how and WHEN they are going to do that. Will they send me another letter later about setting up an interview or will they call? I am concern if they are going to call because I had moved after sending in my application last year and although I have updated my address through the e-cas and I have successfully received letters from them to the new address, I have no way letting them know of my new phone number.

Also, I have read some time ago through this forum that some people went to their local CIC office after receiving a decision made letter to set up an interview right away. Should I do that? And does a decision made means a good possibility that I am approved?

Thanks everyone. Guess I'll always be concern and nervous only until I have the official PR card/docs in my hand will I rest in peace.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

fire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Inland Sponsorship : Decision made, now what?

Originally Posted by lingganst
Hi all,

I just received a letter saying that a decision has been made regarding my inland sponsorship. From reading some of the posts, I gather that next would be an interview at the Ottawa CIC office. However, the letter says that they will contact me as to the decision.

I am wondering how and WHEN they are going to do that. Will they send me another letter later about setting up an interview or will they call? I am concern if they are going to call because I had moved after sending in my application last year and although I have updated my address through the e-cas and I have successfully received letters from them to the new address, I have no way letting them know of my new phone number.

Also, I have read some time ago through this forum that some people went to their local CIC office after receiving a decision made letter to set up an interview right away. Should I do that? And does a decision made means a good possibility that I am approved?

Thanks everyone. Guess I'll always be concern and nervous only until I have the official PR card/docs in my hand will I rest in peace.

Most probably it is good news ,what is you time line please?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 4:28 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

You should expect a letter from the Ottawa CIC office shortly. The exact timing cannot be anything more than a guesstimate.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 4:54 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

99.9%, its a positive desicion!!
u'll recieve a letter soon....
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

lingganst is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You should expect a letter from the Ottawa CIC office shortly. The exact timing cannot be anything more than a guesstimate.
Thanks Jim

To those asking for my timeline, it's as follows:

Nov 24, 04 : They receive my application
Feb 19, 04 : Start processing my application
April 26, 05: Letter about approval in principle sent
July 15, 05 : Letter about decision made sent.

Hopefully, what comes after this date would be quick and smooth.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

MarkS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jim

To those asking for my timeline, it's as follows:

Nov 24, 04 : They receive my application
Feb 19, 04 : Start processing my application
April 26, 05: Letter about approval in principle sent
July 15, 05 : Letter about decision made sent.

Hopefully, what comes after this date would be quick and smooth.
I just received my letters. Just out of interest, does your AIP letter actually say 'approval in principle' on it anywhere? I know they are AIP and decision made letters because of e-client, but they word the letters like there is still a possibility that you will be refused.

I now have to wait for my local CIC office to contact me for a landing interview so all must be well, has anybody been refused at this stage?

Timeline

Arrived in Canada: Jan 2001.
First looked into obtaining PR: Oct 2002.
Marriage date: Jun 2004.
Applied, in Canada spousal: Sept 2004.
MRCI notified of sponsorship application: Mar 2005.
Received forms for CSQ: 14 Apr 2005
Sent completed forms back to MRCI: 15 Apr 2005.
CSQ granted: 7 June.
Received AIP and Decision made letters: July 26 2005.

Last edited by MarkS; Jul 27th 2005 at 3:53 am.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:50 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkS
I just received my letters. Just out of interest, does your AIP letter actually say 'approval in principle' on it anywhere? I know they are AIP and decision made letters because of e-client, but they word the letters like there is still a possibility that you will be refused.

I now have to wait for my local CIC office to contact me for a landing interview so all must be well, has anybody been refused at this stage?

Timeline

There remains an unlikely possibility that you will be refused so they cannot be more positive. There is nothing to worry about unless you have been hiding a career as a bank robber or international terrorist.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

should be ok lingganst ...
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:43 am
Just Joined

dedoune is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkS

Timeline

Hi all,

MarkS, you give me hope. My Aussie husband is in the same situation approximately, here's our Timeline:

Applied, in Canada spousal: Dec 6, 2004.
MRCI notified of sponsorship application: May 2005.
Received forms for CSQ: 27 June 2005
Sent completed forms back to MRCI: 29 June 2005.
Still haven't heard back from them, neither from the federal.

Let me know when you get your PR card so I can kind of calculate the delays in Quebec. We are hoping to leave for Australia before Xmas and I hope we can get the card in time. Did you have you application complete with Police checks and all from the begginning? Thanks

dedoune
Old Jul 28th 2005, 9:28 am
Remya

Dedoune, your hubbie's timeline isn't that different to mine:

Applied, in Canada spousal: mid Jan 2005
MRCI notified of sponsorship application: May 2005
Received forms for CSQ: Still haven't... my partner's calling Immigration Quebec tomorrow on his day off to ask what's going on!

At the moment I am hoping it will all be done before the end of the year but at this rate, who knows?! Could you keep us informed as to what's going on so I have a better idea of what to expect? Cheers.

Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

dedoune Did you have you application complete with Police checks and all from the begginning? Thanks
Yes, everything was sent together, meds, UK police checks, RCMP checks.

Quebec take an age to process the CSQ for me it was 7 weeks so I would expect yours (if they are working at the same rate and your case is the same as mine) for around mid to late August. After that, CIC will take about 2 weeks to receive the CSQ and then they will notify you if everything is in place.

Once you get your "decision made" letter, I have heard that you are likely to have your landing interview about 45 days later (depending on the local CIC office).

Good luck and hang in there. E-client is really slow so I would call CIC every week just to check the status of my file, sometimes they say nothing has changed but often you get told that "CSQ has arrived" or "letters on their way". I find this helps with the worrying.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Remya
Dedoune, your hubbie's timeline isn't that different to mine:

Applied, in Canada spousal: mid Jan 2005
MRCI notified of sponsorship application: May 2005
Received forms for CSQ: Still haven't... my partner's calling Immigration Quebec tomorrow on his day off to ask what's going on!

At the moment I am hoping it will all be done before the end of the year but at this rate, who knows?! Could you keep us informed as to what's going on so I have a better idea of what to expect? Cheers.
Again, if they are working at the same rate I would expect your CSQ very soon.

Good luck Remya.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:56 am
Just Joined

dedoune is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the CSQ today!!!

What are the advantages the CSQ brings for now? Can we go on the waiting list for free French class and that kind of stuff? Can I apply for the "carte soleil" for eventual free medical care? What else?

Thanks, now waiting for the letter and the card!!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by dedoune
Got the CSQ today!!!

What are the advantages the CSQ brings for now? Can we go on the waiting list for free French class and that kind of stuff? Can I apply for the "carte soleil" for eventual free medical care? What else?

Thanks, now waiting for the letter and the card!!
If you are headed for Quebec you must have the CSQ.