Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland and Outland - The correct forms

Inland and Outland - The correct forms

Old Feb 19th 2013, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

skytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really nice
Default Inland and Outland - The correct forms

Hi!

I know it's best to go for the outland option when being sponsored by a spouse but the forms don't seem to mention inland or outland.

I am living with my partner in Canada and have done for the last 18 months. I wish to do the outland application for PR. The help guide states:

1•If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.

2•If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC).

Which do I choose, 1 or 2?

Thank you!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:07 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland and Outland - The correct forms

Originally Posted by skytek
Hi!

I know it's best to go for the outland option when being sponsored by a spouse but the forms don't seem to mention inland or outland.

I am living with my partner in Canada and have done for the last 18 months. I wish to do the outland application for PR. The help guide states:

1•If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.

2•If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC).

Which do I choose, 1 or 2?

Thank you!
You use number 2 for 'outland'

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

skytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really niceskytek is just really nice

Thank you so much Siouxie!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:30 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply outland even if you live in Canada.

On form IMM 0008 you'll specify London (assuming you're british/irish) for the visa office you want to process your file.