Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland Common In Law, OWP and Implied Status

Inland Common In Law, OWP and Implied Status

Old Jul 26th 2017, 1:22 am
Just Joined

KSeel89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inland Common In Law, OWP and Implied Status

Hey All,

Just a couple questions to help put my mind at ease if someone could help!

Myself and my partner applied for Common in law inland sponsorship earlier this year, I got the reception email and ability to link online early April (they received end of march) I haven't heard anything back since then... my first question would be about when would I look at hearing back from an inland sponsorship app the first time? I had already completed a medical in March 2016 which I assume would have been good for a year (if so the medical date out dates the reception of the PR application) so I'm hoping I don't need another one of those done to slow the process...

I also applied for an open work permit online around mid june, which I'm not expecting to hear back on until end of august/beginning of September, my current permit runs out at the end of September, will I be implied status as I am on a TWP (non iec) from what I have read I will be, just hoping to clarify.

Thank you
Old Jul 28th 2017, 2:02 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland Common In Law, OWP and Implied Status

Hello!

--Do you have sponsor approval yet? I can't remember offhand what the processing time is for sponsor approval, but check that. That'll be your answer on whether or not you will get in touch with them.

--If you did your medical in March 2016, then it expired back in March 2017. Either CIC will choose to extend the validity, or they'll request that you get a new medical done. So all you can do is wait to see what CIC thinks, and if they ask you to do a new one.

--Yes you will have implied status.

Hope that helps!
Old Jul 28th 2017, 4:04 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for the response, to answer your questions;

I do not think we have sponsor approval yet, all I have so far is acknowledgment that they received it on the 28th March 2017 and the confirmation that I linked my application online. Do I contact CIC if I find out that they have gone way past the processing time for that? I know they want everything in 12 months and it has only been 4 so far.. no news is good news I guess..

I figured they only last for a year, I was hoping it counted from when you submitted the application, in which case I was maybe 2 days before medical expiry.

Thanks!
Old Aug 1st 2017, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just completed the inland process (March 2016 - Jul 2017) you should get your sponsor approval soonish.
The "My CIC" site won't give you much other than requests for documents and confirming your sponsor approval when it comes through, so don't expect any real updates there.

I got asked to do another medical as mine ran out, so I would expect the same will apply for you as yours ran out so soon after you submitted.

Contacting CIC at this point wont get you any information that don't have, i.e. they will confirm that they have received your application and it is being processed. Best thing you can do is sit back and be patient, keep in mind the processing time has halved for inland in the last couple of years.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks waltsdog nice to hear from someone that has gone through the process recently. Right now my main worry is the open work permit approval, if I can get that then I'll play the waiting game for as long as it takes.

Thanks again!