Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland applicant flagpoling problem

Inland applicant flagpoling problem

Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:15 am
Just Joined

jasmin13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Inland applicant flagpoling problem

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
When you formally land CBSA will ask for an address for the PR card to be sent to or any other question regarding your situation as your landing is specifically based on the QSW stream as opposed to being an open anywhere in Canada landing.
Obviously having an address in Quebec or a driving licence or health care card issued by that Province or bank account are indicators.
I cannot thank you enough Former Lancastrian!! you're the best!!

I actually have an address in QC. It's the place I used to live with a friend/roommate of mine and I am most probably going back there again when I move back to QC.
but do you know they'd normally ask me for proof of address? or I can simply provide them with address!! and if they would normally ask for proof of address what proof other than lease would be sufficient? like a bank/phone bill would work? Thanks <3

* promise not to bother you much more with my questions!! :P
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasmin13
Thanks so much for your through reply Siouxie!!

You are right, I have visitor status in Canada currently. but I am not from visa exempt countries so I need the landing visa in order to be able to land. And the landing visa is only good for 60 days. Therefore I must land within 60 days after receiving my passport. I sent my passport a while ago and I expect it to be delivered within couple of days.

these are great suggestions Siouxie. Thank you so much.
You are welcome

I am confused by you saying that your landing visa is only good for 60 days. COPR (which is the document that allows you to land and when activated you become a PR) is valid for 12 months from the date of your medical or when your passport runs out - which ever is the sooner - so why are you saying '60 days' ?
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are welcome

I am confused by you saying that your landing visa is only good for 60 days. COPR (which is the document that allows you to land and when activated you become a PR) is valid for 12 months from the date of your medical or when your passport runs out - which ever is the sooner - so why are you saying '60 days' ?
Thanks again Siouxie,
I could be wrong but from what I understand when they send me my passport, they'd also send me the COPR. The Landing VISAhas a 60 days expiration from the date it's been issued therefore I have to exit the Canadian boarder and enter again using my landing visa. so evenif the COPR is valid for 12 months, the landing VISA is only good for 60 days.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Siouxie,
I could be wrong but from what I understand when they send me my passport, they'd also send me the COPR. The Landing VISAhas a 60 days expiration from the date it's been issued therefore I have to exit the Canadian boarder and enter again using my landing visa. so evenif the COPR is valid for 12 months, the landing VISA is only good for 60 days.
Not quite true. The Immigrant Visa in your passport will expire based on when your medical expires (12 months after issue) or passport expires whichever comes first.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Siouxie,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...next_steps.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ec/arrival.asp

What is a landing visa?

The Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) is what you need in order to 'land'.

Do you mean an entry visa?
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

What is a landing visa?

The Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) is what you need in order to 'land'.

Citizens of TRV countries still get an Immigrant visa inserted in their passport.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Not quite true. The Immigrant Visa in your passport will expire based on when your medical expires (12 months after issue) or passport expires whichever comes first.
wow!! I didn't know that. I know my medical was already expired and then extended!! so does that mean that the new extended date will be my visa expiry date?

Also may I ask if they'd normally ask me for proof of address while I do the landing?

Thanks a lot
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:20 am
Just Joined

What is a landing visa?

as dear Former Lancastrian responded certain countries would need an entry visa in order to land.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

wow!! I didn't know that. I know my medical was already expired and then extended!! so does that mean that the new extended date will be my visa expiry date?

Also may I ask if they'd normally ask me for proof of address while I do the landing?

Thanks a lot
Not sure what expiry time when an extension has been given for medical. The COPR form will also have an expiry date which is consistent with the visa expiry date in your passport. Check both when they arrive.
As for an address CBSA just normally ask for it as that is where the PR card is sent to. If no address then you are given 180 days to provide one so that you can receive a PR card.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Not sure what expiry time when an extension has been given for medical. The COPR form will also have an expiry date which is consistent with the visa expiry date in your passport. Check both when they arrive.
As for an address CBSA just normally ask for it as that is where the PR card is sent to. If no address then you are given 180 days to provide one so that you can receive a PR card.
Thanks so much again Former Lancastrian!! You are a life savours indeed!! I couldn't get these answers anywhere without you guys helps.

Thanks to you as well Siouxie!! you guys rock!!
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 9:06 am
Banned

You are most welcome - hope that your landing goes smoothly and your new life in Canada is a wonderful one.