Initial PR Card Status

Old Feb 7th 2018, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial PR Card Status

Originally Posted by MelVan
Arghh. How annoying. Was the letter sent electronically or in the post? I'll be at 60 days post landing the week after next.

I assume the photo they're talking about is your photo on your COPR?
Electronically... yes.. it is the COPR photo
Old Feb 8th 2018, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AshMyl
Electronically... yes.. it is the COPR photo
No surprise, it's the " we didn't manage to get to your application within the current processing deadline. As we do not want to admit this and wish to hide the true processing time from government we are asked my for a new photo so we can put the blame on you"
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
No surprise, it's the " we didn't manage to get to your application within the current processing deadline. As we do not want to admit this and wish to hide the true processing time from government we are asked my for a new photo so we can put the blame on you"
Probably right!
Old Feb 8th 2018, 3:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So... circ 60 days after landing........

Sir, Madam,
This letter is to inform you that your Permanent Resident (PR)
Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo.
The photograph provided does not meet the required
specifications. It is therefore impossible to produce the card
until you provide the following:
You must send:
Two (2) new photos
Your photos must meet the specifications set out in the
attached document.
Us too. The photos were just dandy to issue the COPR with but now suddenly 2 mo ths later they're not. The new ones are exactly the same specs as the first, so hopefully they'll be accepted.
Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Exactly what we said
Old Feb 14th 2018, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

So... circ 60 days after landing........

Sir, Madam,
This letter is to inform you that your Permanent Resident (PR)
Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo.
The photograph provided does not meet the required
specifications. It is therefore impossible to produce the card
until you provide the following:
You must send:
Two (2) new photos
Your photos must meet the specifications set out in the
attached document.
So, at 53 days after landing, I just received the same letter via email.

The photo supplied with my COPR did of course meet the specifications as at my landing date. However, on 3 February 2018 it would have been outside the six months requirement. What a shame processing wasn't completed by that date.

Oh well, off to the photographer again!
Old Feb 14th 2018, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to be a common issue these days, my photos were perfectly fine but I had to get them redone in Canada due to the same reason - non compliant photo.

Still waiting for my PR Card, resubmitted my photos only about 3 weeks ago..
Old Feb 14th 2018, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

I've done my photos again (in Australia, where I am right now) at the same place that my (compliant) COPR photos were taken. It will be interesting to see whether these are rejected - they meet the size, date and all other requirements. I've sent them to the PR Card Processing Centre by urgent international courier.

I've done a bit of Google research and it seems that there's an anecdotal correlation between photos being taken overseas and rejection - even though there's no positive requirement for them to be taken in Canada.

I may have to start thinking about doing a PRTD application!
Old Feb 15th 2018, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Ingeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Had similar issues, landed 16 October. Got an email early December requesting new photos which I send and were received by Sydney 16 December. I received PR card On 6 February, just over 7 weeks from them receiving the new photos, just to give you all some idea of timeline. It did ofcourse also include Christmas holidays, so hopefully will be a bit quicker for you all.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
Seems to be a common issue these days, my photos were perfectly fine but I had to get them redone in Canada due to the same reason - non compliant photo.

Still waiting for my PR Card, resubmitted my photos only about 3 weeks ago..
For me it defiantly was not the photos as I submitted the same photos as in My COPR paperwork (the last 2 from the set of 4).
Old Feb 16th 2018, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

It's all a bit weird, isn't it.

How can a photo which was taken in accordance with the specifications be OK for COPR but then not for the PR Card (he asks rhetorically)?

I double checked my new photos (measured them again, even though the Canadian specifications are programmed into the system at Australia Post, double-checked the date and studio stamp, and my name and DOB was on the back of one of them) before I sent them off. They've got six months validity now so the time limitation can't apply if they're rejected again.

So now it's just a waiting game.