Initial PR Card Status

Old Jan 2nd 2018, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial PR Card Status

Originally Posted by glendem4
That's crazy !!!
Why do Governments make it so hard. There must be lots of people who "land" and then go home to sort their affairs. Granting PR without a PR card is wrong. It will cost me more to travel to Canada via a PTRD, than the original ESTA which was automatically cancelled when the COPR was validated. Sounds like an excuse to get more money.
If you leave Canada before you have your new PR card, you have only three ways of getting back into Canada:

1. Wait for your PR Card to be delivered to your address in Canada and have a friend courier it to you

2. Apply for a PRTD at the local Canadian embassy

3. Fly to somewhere in the US on a US ESTA and have a fried pick you up via car and cross the border that way (you cannot cross by any form of commercial transport). The CBSA agent can then check their systems directly (which airlines cannot do).
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised a Government document does not require a signature. When I got my COPR via Royal Mail I had to sign for it !
That was because you opted for special delivery, instead of just enclosing a regular envelope?

Your PR card comes by regular mail, and won't require a signature. Same as your driving licence, ID card, and tax return, government documents all.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
If you leave Canada before you have your new PR card, you have only three ways of getting back into Canada:

1. Wait for your PR Card to be delivered to your address in Canada and have a friend courier it to you

2. Apply for a PRTD at the local Canadian embassy

3. Fly to somewhere in the US on a US ESTA and have a fried pick you up via car and cross the border that way (you cannot cross by any form of commercial transport). The CBSA agent can then check their systems directly (which airlines cannot do).
I endorse all of these, there may be theoretical option (4) for *some* people which sounds like it doesn't apply to the poster - prayer/luck. My eTA was only cancelled a fortnight ago despite Landing in July, so although I didn't try it (or even fly in that time) I believe I could have flown into Canada on the old documents (which certainly doesn't apply here as OP says their eTA was cancelled when COPR was issued, and isn't something I'd ever suggest people rely on).
Old Jan 9th 2018, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial PR Card Statu

IRCC sent me https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ck-status.html in a generic email response. When I used the link and entered my UCI number the information only showed my Permanent Residence application details, which are complete, even when the information I requested was my PR card. Am I right in assuming my PR card is automatically generated when you land?
When I landed I provided my Canadian address. Looking at the results using the link provided shows my UK address.!!

My enquiry was sent 7 days ago...still waiting for ACTUAL feedback on my PR card
Old Jan 9th 2018, 6:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

IRCC sent me https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ck-status.html in a generic email response. When I used the link and entered my UCI number the information only showed my Permanent Residence application details, which are complete, even when the information I requested was my PR card. Am I right in assuming my PR card is automatically generated when you land?
When I landed I provided my Canadian address. Looking at the results using the link provided shows my UK address.!!

My enquiry was sent 7 days ago...still waiting for ACTUAL feedback on my PR card
1. You know that posted processing time is 61 days plus mailing time. So until the card is processed, it won't show up.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You know that posted processing time is 61 days plus mailing time. So until the card is processed, it won't show up.
...I landed on 14th September 2017.... that was 117 days ago.....
Old Jan 9th 2018, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Am I right in assuming my PR card is automatically generated when you land?
I wouldnt call it 'automatic' as it is still a pretty manual process. Your stamped original CoPR is mailed to the centre that deals with PR card issue (Halifax?).

They then link with your computer record and process the card. I supplied a Canadian address on landing (which was not one I used anywhere in our sponsorship application) and the card arrived at that address 3.5 months after landing.

Yours does seem to be taking a bit longer than ours, but then you have the festive season in the way of yours, when all office staff end up in plant pots with fruit in unusual locations!
Old Jan 9th 2018, 5:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

...I landed on 14th September 2017.... that was 117 days ago.....
1. If it is been that long, contact the call centre and they will tell you what the hold up is.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Note I called the call center today to chase my initial PR Card (was posted yesterday). If they have requested new photos from you then they are currently processing PR cards where new photos were received up to 3 November 2017.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Note I called the call center today to chase my initial PR Card (was posted yesterday). If they have requested new photos from you then they are currently processing PR cards where new photos were received up to 3 November 2017.
I have not been requested new photos.

I can not call the Call Centre as it is only available for PR already in Canada. I returned to the UK after landing to sell our house.

Today is Day 120 since I landed on 14th September 2017.

Can anyone advise what I can do to chase up the process?

I used the Web form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...574.1484090240 to request an update and got the reply thank you for updating your correspondence address. When I actually said, "I arrived on 14th September 2017 and my Canadian address is ......."

Would like to try and avoid the hassle of getting a PRTD
Old Jan 12th 2018, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I have not been requested new photos.

I can not call the Call Centre as it is only available for PR already in Canada. I returned to the UK after landing to sell our house.

Today is Day 120 since I landed on 14th September 2017.

Can anyone advise what I can do to chase up the process?

I used the Web form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...574.1484090240 to request an update and got the reply thank you for updating your correspondence address. When I actually said, "I arrived on 14th September 2017 and my Canadian address is ......."

Would like to try and avoid the hassle of getting a PRTD
If you gave the agent a Canadian address when you landed then your card should of been processed and you will be in the system. You should be able to call the processing center and enquire as to status. All the need is the UCI number. Can be long waits though so if calling from the UK I suggest using Skype or other such to keep costs down.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a PRTD a few weeks ago, I thought it was only a single use document but instead they gave me a multiple entry PRTD valid for 2 years.

Given the delays people seem to be having with PR Cards (even my photo has been rejected) the £55 or so I paid and the <1 week I had to wait for the PRTD seems worth it. I went to the visa office in London (the VSO near Moorgate, not the embassy in Trafalgar Square) and it was a fairly seamless process.

Question for anyone else who got a PRTD recently - was it single or multiple entry? Is multiple entry the standard now?
Old Jan 12th 2018, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
I got a PRTD a few weeks ago, I thought it was only a single use document but instead they gave me a multiple entry PRTD valid for 2 years.

Given the delays people seem to be having with PR Cards (even my photo has been rejected) the £55 or so I paid and the <1 week I had to wait for the PRTD seems worth it. I went to the visa office in London (the VSO near Moorgate, not the embassy in Trafalgar Square) and it was a fairly seamless process.

Question for anyone else who got a PRTD recently - was it single or multiple entry? Is multiple entry the standard now?
What do I need to bring to vso office apart from my passport, proof of PR,completed form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir...s/imm5524e.pdf and the fee?
as documented https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-document.html
Did you have to pay the fee in cad $?
Did you do everything in person or did the VSO courier your PRTD and passport back to you?
What indicates on the PRTD that it is multi entry?
Did you request multi entry in your application?

Last edited by glendem4; Jan 12th 2018 at 9:15 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly, in my original post I meant to say VFS, not VSO, sorry for any confusion. Search for VFS global and go to the UK site, it has information on there.

What do I need to bring to vso office apart from my passport, proof of PR,completed form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir...s/imm5524e.pdf and the fee?
as documented https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-document.html
Use this checklist: http://parksafar.com/docs/IMM5627E_Chklist.pdf, the official page does not work for some reason.

This list doesn't seem to be complete though:
- I was asked to give photocopies of the bio page and the landing stamp in my passport along with the actual passport, I would suggest doing the same
- a photocopy of your COPR (DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINAL YOU WONT GET IT BACK)

All I got back was my passport with the PRTD sticker on a page.

Did you have to pay the fee in cad $?
Did you do everything in person or did the VSO courier your PRTD and passport back to you?
I went in person to expedite the process, and paid by card in GBP - it was around £55 (the $50 fee, plus they double check your forms so I guess there's a service charge on top).

What indicates on the PRTD that it is multi entry?
The PRTD is a full page sticked in my passport, it clearly says 'multiple' on it, and also has valid from and to dates (2 years apart).

Did you request multi entry in your application?
No I didn't, had no idea you could, I'm sure I read on the internet somewhere that PRTD's are one off, was surprised to see it when I collected my passport. In the forms I filled in in person, there was a section for additional notes, I simply explained that I didn't have a PR card as I had only been in Canada for 4 weeks after landing before returning to the UK to finalise my move. I also mentioned that I didn't give CIC a permanent address at landing as I was staying at an AirBnB initially, and didnt want any important docs being sent there. On my PRTD application I did give a more permanent address though. Not sure if this explanation had any impact on the type of PRTD I received.

If you go to the VFS in person, maybe ask the person at the counter about it?
It's helpful having this multiple entry document, but be aware that when I went to get a mobile contract in Toronto, the PRTD was not acceptable in place of a PR Card, and this is likely true for other situations where proof of residency is required, so it really should be seen as a temporary measure.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Looks like I may have just gotten lucky with my multiple entry PRTD according to the 'What Happens Next' section near the bottom of this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration....html#overview
At no point in my PRTD application did I say I was planning on staying outside of Canada for a long period, in fact I clearly stated I was returning on 8th Jan 2018 permanently...

Last edited by Gorbzilla; Jan 12th 2018 at 10:57 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
Firstly, in my original post I meant to say VFS, not VSO, sorry for any confusion. Search for VFS global and go to the UK site, it has information on there.

Use this checklist: http://parksafar.com/docs/IMM5627E_Chklist.pdf, the official page does not work for some reason.

This list doesn't seem to be complete though:
- I was asked to give photocopies of the bio page and the landing stamp in my passport along with the actual passport, I would suggest doing the same
- a photocopy of your COPR (DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINAL YOU WONT GET IT BACK)

All I got back was my passport with the PRTD sticker on a page.

I went in person to expedite the process, and paid by card in GBP - it was around £55 (the $50 fee, plus they double check your forms so I guess there's a service charge on top).

The PRTD is a full page sticked in my passport, it clearly says 'multiple' on it, and also has valid from and to dates (2 years apart).

No I didn't, had no idea you could, I'm sure I read on the internet somewhere that PRTD's are one off, was surprised to see it when I collected my passport. In the forms I filled in in person, there was a section for additional notes, I simply explained that I didn't have a PR card as I had only been in Canada for 4 weeks after landing before returning to the UK to finalise my move. I also mentioned that I didn't give CIC a permanent address at landing as I was staying at an AirBnB initially, and didnt want any important docs being sent there. On my PRTD application I did give a more permanent address though. Not sure if this explanation had any impact on the type of PRTD I received.

If you go to the VFS in person, maybe ask the person at the counter about it?
It's helpful having this multiple entry document, but be aware that when I went to get a mobile contract in Toronto, the PRTD was not acceptable in place of a PR Card, and this is likely true for other situations where proof of residency is required, so it really should be seen as a temporary measure.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Looks like I may have just gotten lucky with my multiple entry PRTD according to the 'What Happens Next' section near the bottom of this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration....html#overview
At no point in my PRTD application did I say I was planning on staying outside of Canada for a long period, in fact I clearly stated I was returning on 8th Jan 2018 permanently...
Thanks for your detail response that was really helpful. We are due to fly back to Toronto in May 2018 so I will continue to chase my PR card. If no success after waiting another 60 days then I will go to VSF office in London in person to get a PRTD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.