Initial PR Card Status

Old Jan 2nd 2018, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial PR Card Status

I landed on 14 September 2017 (110 days ago) and gave my sister-in-law address as correspondence. She has yet to receive any PR card for me.

Questions.
1. Do you have to sign for the PR card when it is delivered?
2. Is there a contact number I can call to find out the status?
3. Will I be able to fly into Canada with my stamped COPR paperwork?

We are planning to fly back to Toronto on 1st May 2018, so still got a few months.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Without the PR card you will need a PRTD to fly to Canada a stamped COPR form won't work with the airline.

You can use this link for use specific enquiries
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...574.1484090240

You are over the 61 days processing time so I would send an enquiry.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

1. Do you have to sign for the PR card when it is delivered?
No
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glendem4
3. Will I be able to fly into Canada with my stamped COPR paperwork?
As FL said, no.

You have plenty of time yet, ours took about one month more than thier quoted turnaround times to arrive, factor in the Christmas staff and mail slowdown as well.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Without the PR card you will need a PRTD to fly to Canada a stamped COPR form won't work with the airline.

You can use this link for use specific enquiries
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...574.1484090240

You are over the 61 days processing time so I would send an enquiry.

What's a PRTD?
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

What's a PRTD?
LMGTFY
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

My only concern is we are traveling with 3 dogs and need to book a flight in advance to ensure we travel together. If there is no requirement to sign for the document and the paperwork is delivered to the wrong address would we need to resubmit photos and wait another 61 days !!!

I am surprised a Government document does not require a signature. When I got my COPR via Royal Mail I had to sign for it !
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

My only concern is we are traveling with 3 dogs and need to book a flight in advance to ensure we travel together. If there is no requirement to sign for the document and the paperwork is delivered to the wrong address would we need to resubmit photos and wait another 61 days !!!

I am surprised a Government document does not require a signature. When I got my COPR via Royal Mail I had to sign for it !
My wife's card did not need signing for.

You need to wait 6 weeks following the 61 days before they will even entertain that something is wrong.
Check application processing times – Immigration and citizenship

"If it has been more than six weeks longer than the time shown since you applied, and you need more information concerning the status of your application, use the Case Specific Enquiry form."

I landed early September, got request for new photos in Oct and am still waiting. So yes, it appears if they need new photos you go to that back of the queue and need to wait another 61 days (plus 6 weeks). I sent a query yesterday as I also needed to do an address change.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
My wife's card did not need signing for.

You need to wait 6 weeks following the 61 days before they will even entertain that something is wrong.
Check application processing times – Immigration and citizenship

"If it has been more than six weeks longer than the time shown since you applied, and you need more information concerning the status of your application, use the Case Specific Enquiry form."

I landed early September, got request for new photos in Oct and am still waiting. So yes, it appears if they need new photos you go to that back of the queue and need to wait another 61 days (plus 6 weeks). I sent a query yesterday as I also needed to do an address change.
That's crazy !!!
Why do Governments make it so hard. There must be lots of people who "land" and then go home to sort their affairs. Granting PR without a PR card is wrong. It will cost me more to travel to Canada via a PTRD, than the original ESTA which was automatically cancelled when the COPR was validated. Sounds like an excuse to get more money.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 4:38 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

What's a PRTD?
A Permanent Resident Travel Document. You get it from the Canadian embassy by showing your COPR docs to them. They issue the PRTD which the airline will allow to board with.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

As an aside: make sure when you’re counting days since “application”, that you are counting business/working days rather than calendar days...
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

It's calendar days:

Why has CIC switched from business days to calendar days to communicate its service standards?

I don't think you'll get a PRTD if you just show up at the Embassy and wave your COPR doc. The usual procedure is to make an Application.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Snowy560
It's calendar days:

Why has CIC switched from business days to calendar days to communicate its service standards?

I don't think you'll get a PRTD if you just show up at the Embassy and wave your COPR doc. The usual procedure is to make an Application.
1. Cic, IMO, are playing with semantics there (processing times v. Service standards) .

2. One won’t/can’t, those days are long gone.
PRTD : Submitting your application
Submitting your application
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

2. One won’t/can’t, those days are long gone.
PRTD : Submitting your application
Submitting your application[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I should have added:

or

to my comment!
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

All I can tell you is that mine arrived at my buddy's residential address in Canada and came in the normal mail and did not require a signature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.