Initial PR card issue debacle

Old Sep 8th 2017, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

muners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial PR card issue debacle

Hi there all,
my family and I drove to North Portal and landed on the 20th Dec, since then, our PR cards were not issued by CIC, so we had to re-apply with the solemn declaration and pay more money.
Now they have got in touch and told us we need to provide them with copies of our COPR and if we do not send within 30 days they will consider our application abandoned....
I called them this afternoon, explained that nowhere on the application does it say that we needed to provide a copy of the COPR only to be told "as per the instructions for the application, we can ask for any further documentation that we want" are they taking the mickey or what???

Talk about stressing me out. Even though the document is on their system, its a CIC document that they issued to me, she insisted that I still needed to send the copies to them in order to verify that we are here.....

Just frigging mind bogling.
After all of the hoops that people jump through they come up with more random **** seemingly just because they can.

:angry_smil e:

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 8th 2017 at 5:43 am. Reason: A few stars in the place of a swear word - family friendly forum n all that!
Old Sep 8th 2017, 11:57 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial PR card issue debacle

Originally Posted by muners
Hi there all,
my family and I drove to North Portal and landed on the 20th Dec, since then, our PR cards were not issued by CIC, so we had to re-apply with the solemn declaration and pay more money.
Isn't the solemn declaration needed when a PR Card needs replacing because of loss, theft or not being received?

It suggests they have been issued, just not received. I doubt even CIC would would want to go through the rigmarole if their records showed they hadn't issued them.

Regarding the request for more docs, perhaps they are surprised that none of them have turned up and they're being extra careful.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 7:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Isn't the solemn declaration needed when a PR Card needs replacing because of loss, theft or not being received?

It suggests they have been issued, just not received. I doubt even CIC would would want to go through the rigmarole if their records showed they hadn't issued them.

Regarding the request for more docs, perhaps they are surprised that none of them have turned up and they're being extra careful.

1. My guess would be that North Portal didn't enter them in the system when the OP was "landed" so IRCC doesn't have a record of when the COPR were activated,
Old Sep 8th 2017, 9:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
1. My guess would be that North Portal didn't enter them in the system when the OP was "landed" so IRCC doesn't have a record of when the COPR were activated,
That sounds logical. Plus North Portal sounds like something out of David Lynch's imagination so that could explain the mystery.