Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Information resquest by the visa post

Information resquest by the visa post

Old May 30th 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12
jdeen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Information resquest by the visa post

Hello everyone;

I have a quick question for all the experts here please. CPC Mississauga has authorized my wife to sponsor me as her spouse.

Subsequently; I had received a set of forms from the Canadian Visa post in my country. They seek to acquire more information with regards to my background, education, military trainings etc. The forms are tilted as "supplementary information".

Whilst reviewing the forms, i had made a note of a clause on Page number 3, under "Military service" heading. The notation is listed below.

"All immigration applicants must submit official military service completion or exemption certificate"

I had never served in the military. I did not choose to join the military. I am not sure where and how to get an exemption certificate from. Please share an insight on this requirement and how to provide them with the exemption certificate.


Last edited by jdeen; May 30th 2010 at 12:53 pm. Reason: Change of title
jdeen is offline  
Old May 30th 2010, 3:46 pm
Just Joined
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Tring is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Information resquest by the visa post

Hi Jdeen

I am not sure how things work in your country with regards to military service. In many countries, even when military service is not mandatory, people still have to register anyway and the their military service record would show whether they have declined to participate or if they are exempt (for example due to disability etc.) So perhaps what you need to provide to the CPC is a certified true copy of your country's version of this record (you will need to check with th relevant authority in your country that is responsible for military registration about that). For example in some countries, the relevant authority would be the MoD (ministry of defence). They can usually give a prinout of your record which states your military service reigstration status. And for certified true copies of any document, you can always go to a notary public and they will do that. This is my 2 cents on the topic. I hope it helps!

Last edited by Tring; May 30th 2010 at 3:51 pm.
Tring is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.