Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Info on step-parents on PR forms??

Info on step-parents on PR forms??

Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Info on step-parents on PR forms??

Hi,

I saw this question being asked elsewhere but I don't think it got answered completely. On the PR application forms there are no fields asking you to fill information about step-parents. Step-brother and step-sister are required. But somebody on here said that they had to include information on their step-father as well? Please help, I'm kind of confused by this.

Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:42 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on step-parents on PR forms??

The forms do not ask for step parents for unknown reasons so do not answer a question not asked.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

guccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The forms do not ask for step parents for unknown reasons so do not answer a question not asked.
So based on this, if one has not had contact with their 'real' / biological father and is unaware of his whereabouts (could even be dead!), but has been raised by step father should this not be noted on the application?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Jim!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Hi, I don't know if the forms have changed since we applied Sep 06 but my husband has a step-father and step-brother. We typed our information as an attachment and under "Relationship" we just put "step-father" and the details required. Under that we put another row of the details of his father who died many years ago, we just typed "deceased" and the date of his death and the required details for him. We also added his step-father's son on the sibling attachment as well. Better to put more info than less. If your step-father is still married to your mother, then I can't see why you wouldn't put him on your application, he's legally part of your family. Our application was accepted, we had meds 3 weeks ago.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

On one of the forms it asks about birth parents and also includes a space for Date of Death for each.

I completed this for my father and then added my Step Father to the additional information sheet - as I saw it my birth mother has remarried and my Step Father is part of my immediate family.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burton bunch
On one of the forms it asks about birth parents and also includes a space for Date of Death for each.

I completed this for my father and then added my Step Father to the additional information sheet - as I saw it my birth mother has remarried and my Step Father is part of my immediate family.
As Jim said there is no field that asks for information on step parents. So I don't know why I would have to put it down myself? He's a former visa officer so I will trust his judgement when he says it's not necessary. I do see your point though. It would make sense to put step parents. But the forms currently don't require this as Jim pointed out.. If they do end up asking about my step father I will send the information.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:32 am
and the cat too

JulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud ofJulieandDave has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kleinluka
As Jim said there is no field that asks for information on step parents. So I don't know why I would have to put it down myself? He's a former visa officer so I will trust his judgement when he says it's not necessary. I do see your point though. It would make sense to put step parents. But the forms currently don't require this as Jim pointed out.. If they do end up asking about my step father I will send the information.
Hi, not sure if this will help or just confuse things, but anyway....

My hubby has a step mother (married to his dad) her son is hubby's step brother. I just put step brothers details down as it only asks for that. Didn't mention the step mother at all.

Hubby's mum remarried and had a son, hubbys half brother. Put him down as brother, same mum. Again didn't mention the step dad.

We've got our visa's so guess it was all ok.

Julie
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulieandDave
Hi, not sure if this will help or just confuse things, but anyway....

My hubby has a step mother (married to his dad) her son is hubby's step brother. I just put step brothers details down as it only asks for that. Didn't mention the step mother at all.

Hubby's mum remarried and had a son, hubbys half brother. Put him down as brother, same mum. Again didn't mention the step dad.

We've got our visa's so guess it was all ok.

Julie
Thanks Julie. This was helpful and confirmed what Jim said. Thanks