Info required....

Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

mattyspurs is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Info required....

Hi, me and my fiancee are looking to move to Canada on a permanent basis and we have two young children. The in-laws would also like to move. I havent got a clue where to start but would appreciate anybodys thought on the best way to go about the move. I have briefly looked at the skills list and none of us have any of these. I am a graduate in sport management, currently working in general management, my fiancee is a qualified pre-school nursery nurse, father in law is heavy goods driver. Surely, there is a way we can move??

Please tell me the ways we could do this even if it would cost an arm and a leg......

Many thanks........
Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:57 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info required....

Originally Posted by mattyspurs
Hi, me and my fiancee are looking to move to Canada on a permanent basis and we have two young children. The in-laws would also like to move. I havent got a clue where to start but would appreciate anybodys thought on the best way to go about the move. I have briefly looked at the skills list and none of us have any of these. I am a graduate in sport management, currently working in general management, my fiancee is a qualified pre-school nursery nurse, father in law is heavy goods driver. Surely, there is a way we can move??

Please tell me the ways we could do this even if it would cost an arm and a leg......

Many thanks........
You should start by looking at the Wiki section. It's the fourth topic from the left on the blue bar at the top of the page. It contains a wealth of information and you should be able to find answers to most if not all of your questions.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:09 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattyspurs

Many thanks........
Get a job offer and TWP. The chances of coordinating everyone moving at the same time might be hard. The economy here is tanking like everywhere else and some on TWs are being laid off and new LMOs are harder to get. Sounds like the FIL has the best chance if he can get a trucking job, however that won't help you much (at all).
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

One thing is fairly sure - you can't all come under one application, you will need two: 1. your in laws will have to submit an application as a 'family unit' (for want of a better word) and 2. you and you wife + kids will have to apply separately as a family unit. So, as pointed out by Aviator, your chances of all moving at the same time are quite slim I'm afraid.

If none of you are on the jobs list, then at least one person in each 'unit' will have to have a job offer. Do any of you speak French? You could go to Quebec if so. Do you have anywhere in mind you wanted to settle in, for that matter? You could also look at PNPs - it's all in the wiki.