Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Info request prior to PR confirmation-Q?

Info request prior to PR confirmation-Q?

Old Sep 15th 2015, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Info request prior to PR confirmation-Q?

Hey

Finally! some activities on My PR....Hurrah ! but have some Q to clarify:

I just open my email to say the following:

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and if applicable, permanent residence visa".

there are 3 steps:
1. change of circumstances: there is no changes but do I need to says or write something or just leave it off??

2. visa exempt:
photocopy of passport - photo page only.

3. gather following documents:
passport (s) OR Passport photocopy (es)
etc...

so my question is:

As per email it should be ok to send just the photocopy of the passport?
I just booked my flight back to uk on 3 Oct so really going to need my passport.

if sending the photocopy do I send the photocopy of all pages including blank page?

do I also photocopy my old/previous passport pages?

Many thanks for all your help!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 5:41 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info request prior to PR confirmation-Q?

What does the email say exactly (post it here and blank out personal info), and what passport do you hold?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 5:44 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

If you are from a visa exempt country, you only need to send a photocopy of your passport. There is a link in the email to clarify visa exempt countries...
Old Sep 15th 2015, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks...
I am from UK so I know visa exempt.

but what i am not sure of:

1. Do I send a photocopy of all pages of my current passport? (this is new passport <1yr old so a lot of my travel stamps are in the old one hence my 2nd Q)...

2. do I need to send a copy of my old passport too? i suspect not and over thinking!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:25 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78 View Post
thanks...
I am from UK so I know visa exempt.

but what i am not sure of:

1. Do I send a photocopy of all pages of my current passport? (this is new passport <1yr old so a lot of my travel stamps are in the old one hence my 2nd Q)...

2. do I need to send a copy of my old passport too? i suspect not and over thinking!
Overthinking... It didn't even occur to us about the cancelled passport. Isn't it just your photo page they need? We've only just done it and I can't remember!!!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tirytory View Post
Overthinking... It didn't even occur to us about the cancelled passport. Isn't it just your photo page they need? We've only just done it and I can't remember!!!
thanks. yeah! overthinking

It is not clear from the email...

in step 2 says: photo page of passport.

in step 3 says photocopy of passport which i think they mean the whole of passport photocopy from my previous reading of old threats....
Old Sep 16th 2015, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

The letter is contradictory about how much of your passport they want a copy of. It is either only the pages with stamps/Visas and the photo page OR the whole passport.

We just photocopied (ie scanned and then printed on inkjet colour printer) the whole passport, just to be on the safe side.

Old/cancelled passports not required. Just your current one.

My daughter's current passport was only a few weeks old.

Last edited by withabix; Sep 16th 2015 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 7:16 am
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold

To Hasan78
We just did this last week so i have some info for you. In the email it clearly states that you need to send a COPY of the letter that cic sent you. You also need to send a COPY of your passport PHOTO page ONLY. Then it says that you need to also send 2 photos of yourself and each accompanying family member, oh and the self addressed envelope(express post).
It also says DO NOT send your original passport(s) I hope this helps.
Mike