Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Old May 24th 2008, 4:48 pm
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 122
san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Hi Sas-lou

Got your message did u receive my response? I'm not sure if it's gone through ok.

Fingers cross if there is no visitation order for an expartner to visit his child then really what permission does one need to take the child out the country.

My ex was basically a sperm donor, i have seen these 2 through the best and worst and did not have any help, not even when i was going through labour. He just moved on to shrek number 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

Keep your chin up/ it would not matter if my 2 children didn't see there dad in the next 50 years. What you have not got you don't miss.
san38 is offline  
Old May 24th 2008, 5:32 pm
  #17  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 13
Geekydee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Hi Sas-Lou

I had a similar problem. My new partner and I are going through the PNP route and when I sent my son's (not my new partners) residenced order stating that I had full residency and jurisdiction to live outside the UK and in Spain - I thought this was enough but they called requesting that I get a court order to change this. I then panicked my ex would never allow me to move to Spain. If you go to the county court they will give you the correct forms - however I ended up having to go to Spain and get them to consent!!!

My partner is taking his son and also had to get a court order for him. Once he received the order from the court - directions order he sent this and this was good enough for the application forms for canada to progress as long as we sent the final order once received. I hope this all makes sense to you.

Just don't give up or your ex will have won!!!

What keeps me going is the thought that my son will grow up in a wonderful country and away from his bio father (who was not a very nice person).

Good luck and I hope it goes well on Tuesday

Dee xxx
Geekydee is offline  
Old May 24th 2008, 7:34 pm
  #18  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 13
Geekydee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Originally Posted by Geekydee
Hi Sas-Lou

I had a similar problem. My new partner and I are going through the PNP route and when I sent my son's (not my new partners) residenced order stating that I had full residency and jurisdiction to live outside the UK and in Spain - I thought this was enough but they called requesting that I get a court order to change this. I then panicked my ex would never allow me to move to Spain. If you go to the county court they will give you the correct forms - however I ended up having to go to Spain and get them to consent!!!

My partner is taking his son and also had to get a court order for him. Once he received the order from the court - directions order he sent this and this was good enough for the application forms for canada to progress as long as we sent the final order once received. I hope this all makes sense to you.

Just don't give up or your ex will have won!!!

What keeps me going is the thought that my son will grow up in a wonderful country and away from his bio father (who was not a very nice person).

Good luck and I hope it goes well on Tuesday

Dee xxx
sorry should ve said that the courts did the order for my partners son in a turn around of 2 months. I think they just give or say the longest time it could take.
Geekydee is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 8:38 pm
  #19  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 316
sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Hi there.

So update, went to the solicitors this morning (was told to bring cash by the receptionist), he told me that a residence order seemed kind of strange for them to ask for because you are only allowed to take the children out of the country for a max of 28 days at a time (silly if your emigrating) on this order and that although things are getting quicker in the courts these day, i would of been waiting longer than 90 days.
Told me best option was to get in touch with bio father, if he refused to sign declaration, then i could take him to court which would become expensive and very time consuming.
So i bit the bullet this evening and rang bio father on his mobile. After 1hr and 52 mins, he agreed he would sign, so making appointment tomorrow with notary to get in asap (i am not giving him any time to change his mind).
So fingers crossed thats it.
I argued with solicitor that everything i had done regarding documents should of been satisfactory, but like he said, if thats what they want, how badly do you want to go, go and get it signed.
I asked about an affidavit and he told me not to even waste my money on it as people these days are doing these and still lying, they dont seem to hold as much weight as in the past.
Good news though, was with solicitor for 25 mins and he didnt charge me.
I dont know if this really helps anyone much.
Best advice would be to seek legal advice asap.
sas-lou is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 8:49 pm
  #20  
 
Joined: Dec 1969
Posts: 2,484
moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Well done

i am so pleased for you, fingers crossed for a quick sign, i know the piece of paper we received from him wastnt much, but it went through our solicotor, so any come back they know that it is real.

Now you can get on with planning your new life...well done

Gill
moondevil is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 7:45 am
  #21  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 13
Geekydee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Originally Posted by sas-lou
Hi there.

So update, went to the solicitors this morning (was told to bring cash by the receptionist), he told me that a residence order seemed kind of strange for them to ask for because you are only allowed to take the children out of the country for a max of 28 days at a time (silly if your emigrating) on this order and that although things are getting quicker in the courts these day, i would of been waiting longer than 90 days.
Told me best option was to get in touch with bio father, if he refused to sign declaration, then i could take him to court which would become expensive and very time consuming.
So i bit the bullet this evening and rang bio father on his mobile. After 1hr and 52 mins, he agreed he would sign, so making appointment tomorrow with notary to get in asap (i am not giving him any time to change his mind).
So fingers crossed thats it.
I argued with solicitor that everything i had done regarding documents should of been satisfactory, but like he said, if thats what they want, how badly do you want to go, go and get it signed.
I asked about an affidavit and he told me not to even waste my money on it as people these days are doing these and still lying, they dont seem to hold as much weight as in the past.
Good news though, was with solicitor for 25 mins and he didnt charge me.
I dont know if this really helps anyone much.
Best advice would be to seek legal advice asap.
Hi Sas-lou

Just to let you know I had a residency Order which permitted to have permission to leave the jurisdiction and live in Spain - don't always think the receptionists give the best advise.

Well done for speaking to the bio-father and getting him to agree.

Good luck today

xx
Geekydee is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 8:32 pm
  #22  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 316
sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

So i booked the appointment with notary this morning, rang bio father to make sure its ok, had to leave message with receptionist.
He rang to say it was ok but i was out and said he would call back later.
5.10pm he rings, i go through what the bloke told me regarding all documents needed.
Problem .. apparently the mother to his other kids set fire to all his belongings including passport and drivers license.
It was to late to ring the notary to see if its ok without photo ID and that he would bring other info with him.
I now have to deal with this in the morning .. talk about never rain but pours.
Told hubby who was seriously depressed because he had sent a small parcel over to me ($30 for a small box containing 2 packs of nibbs,a cat toy and a card which i should receive in the next 2 wks).
He thinks bio father will be able to sign some kind of declaration to say he is who he says he is then get the decalartion signed to allow me to take kids away.
Then to top off my depressive state, i get a call from serious crime squad regarding an incident at my eldest school, where children (boys) are telling other boys to get on the floor and undo their trousers. The copper wanted to know if kids had asked the same of my son (thank god to only get on the floor). These children are still in the school whilst this is investigated.
I cant handle this.
I want my husband to help me deal with this crap and he's on the other side of the ocean.
Good karma and prayers much appriciated.
sas-lou is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 9:02 pm
  #23  
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!
 
nikki dreaming's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Stewiacke Nova Scotia
Posts: 6,659
nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Originally Posted by sas-lou
So i booked the appointment with notary this morning, rang bio father to make sure its ok, had to leave message with receptionist.
He rang to say it was ok but i was out and said he would call back later.
5.10pm he rings, i go through what the bloke told me regarding all documents needed.
Problem .. apparently the mother to his other kids set fire to all his belongings including passport and drivers license.
It was to late to ring the notary to see if its ok without photo ID and that he would bring other info with him.
I now have to deal with this in the morning .. talk about never rain but pours.
Told hubby who was seriously depressed because he had sent a small parcel over to me ($30 for a small box containing 2 packs of nibbs,a cat toy and a card which i should receive in the next 2 wks).
He thinks bio father will be able to sign some kind of declaration to say he is who he says he is then get the decalartion signed to allow me to take kids away.
Then to top off my depressive state, i get a call from serious crime squad regarding an incident at my eldest school, where children (boys) are telling other boys to get on the floor and undo their trousers. The copper wanted to know if kids had asked the same of my son (thank god to only get on the floor). These children are still in the school whilst this is investigated.
I cant handle this.
I want my husband to help me deal with this crap and he's on the other side of the ocean.
Good karma and prayers much appriciated.
Sorry to hear of the ongoing problems, you will get there, it must be so difficult trying to keep everything going here in the UK but it will all be worthwhile.

That's awful re your son's school, can't believe the kids are still there

Karma sent
nikki dreaming is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.