Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Wikiposts

info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

Old May 23rd 2008, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

London started processing application on 25th march for the family class application. Received paperwork back today of photos/letters etc proving relationship.
Also got a letter asking for a residence order, they nicely have given my 90 days or they will assume i no longer want to continue with the application.
Rang the county court and was told that unless its really straight forward, it well could take longer than 90 days, and cost £175.
Other option find bio father and get him to sign a notorised declaration, oh good, this is going to be fun.
I got in touch with family division in London and paid £80 for letters saying bio father doesnt have parental responsibilty, not good enough apparently.
Right so im ready to cry and its the long weekend so i cant do anything.
shit, what a mess.
Any advice.
Also they are asking for the fee for the right of permanent residence fee ($490), does hubby have to pay that one payment for me as he's sponsoring me or for is it 3 payments of $490 for me and the 2 children.
wasnt expecting this.
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

ill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: info for people with children in not so straight forward cases.

I know Im going to run into the same problems at some point. My kids dad has practically nothing to do with them, has never supported them and its makes me so mad that he can have such a big hold over our lives

Hang in there! Hope you can work it out
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.
what i dont understand is i have parental responsibility as we were not married but i have 2 options of either residence order or notary from bio father. So i have responsibility, have proof from london family court but i have to get him to sign letter to say he will let me take kids out of country.
Arse backwards or what.
From what im seeing a residence order is the same as parental resposibility. Im going insane here
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

ill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the rough

Same. I was never married to my kids dad. He's such a bum that he spends half the time in jail any way so its going to be a mission to get anything from him.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Good luck to you too then.
I hope things go a little smoother of you.
I've just spoke to hubby, he went back to Ottawa on Monday.
he's told me DO NOT find bio father (he's a nasty piece of work) and go through the courts instead and if it looks like we are not coming over by August, then he will come back here.
What an absolute waste of money.
So im going to the county court on Tuesday, have a proper chat with someone, just looked online and it said it could take 6-12 months, let hope its more like 90 days. Other prob is letter from high commission says that when i return the info they require i should allow 3-6 months for them to review correspondence.
Im going to loose it, fag break.
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

This is outrageous, i was never married to my children's dad, he has not supported the children and i told cic in london they asked for proof of the big birth certificate which i gave them a copy of and everything was fine.

My children's surname is different to mine that's why they queried it, but cic was fine i have got twp. Just do not want the hassle when i land in Vancouver.
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

oh my god... they are just choosing who to upset today, well it was me.
I was sooo upset earlier, my parents came round with a shoulder to cry on. You just plan and plan, get it all sent off with more an adequate paperwork, and still .. sigh ...
I think i will fax the embassy from work on tuesday, just to make sure they havent lost any of the important paperwork, im also going to the county court on tuesday to put in for this residence order.
Why does it always seem to happen on a friday!!!

Originally Posted by san38
This is outrageous, i was never married to my children's dad, he has not supported the children and i told cic in london they asked for proof of the big birth certificate which i gave them a copy of and everything was fine.

My children's surname is different to mine that's why they queried it, but cic was fine i have got twp. Just do not want the hassle when i land in
Vancouver.

Ciggies ... i have patches in the cupboard, have no intention of giving up at the moment, infact i shall smoke more (from 6 a day to about 9).
Congratulations though.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

'Why does it always seem to happen on a friday!!!'

Monday would just be to easy
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hi there!

dont' know if you have already or not..but if you do a search through this forum you will find some other people who have been in this situation..i know there was a great thread about this..but just at the moment it is escaping me...

all the best!
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

ok i think this might be it!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=bio+father

i'll just add that i know this is a stressful moment..heaven knows there is enough to worry and think about with immigrating..the whole darn process can be stressful.

however~....from being on here for a few years now...i can say that...these situations usualy turn out quite positive..i am sure there have been some on here who were not able to even find their childs bio father etc......

i sometimes feel words like this come across lame..and i am not meaning them too...but i truly wish you all the best in this situation.....try and relax....and be positive that things WILL work out just fine for all of you.

maple leaf~

Last edited by Maple Leaf; May 23rd 2008 at 10:36 am.
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sas-lou
London started processing application on 25th march for the family class application. Received paperwork back today of photos/letters etc proving relationship.
Also got a letter asking for a residence order, they nicely have given my 90 days or they will assume i no longer want to continue with the application.
Rang the county court and was told that unless its really straight forward, it well could take longer than 90 days, and cost £175.
Other option find bio father and get him to sign a notorised declaration, oh good, this is going to be fun.
I got in touch with family division in London and paid £80 for letters saying bio father doesnt have parental responsibilty, not good enough apparently.
There have been many cases reported of CIC officials not understanding the law.

If you can prove conclusively he has no parental responsibility (and it sounds like you can do that), then that should be more than enough.

As an aside, it is not clear how you will be able to get a court order if you already have exclusive parental responsibility (court can't give you something you already have).
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:02 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

One way of getting around the parental order part with the cic is to go for a step parent parental responsibility agreement

As the sole parent with full respsibility in the uk you can get this done and give you new partner shared responsibility. As in the uk you dont need hes input on this as he snt got the rights

This can be turned round in a few days, and the family section are really quick at stamping the papers once they receive them.

I hope that helps someone
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
One way of getting around the parental order part with the cic is to go for a step parent parental responsibility agreement

As the sole parent with full respsibility in the uk you can get this done and give you new partner shared responsibility. As in the uk you dont need hes input on this as he snt got the rights

This can be turned round in a few days, and the family section are really quick at stamping the papers once they receive them.

I hope that helps someone
great info!!
Old May 24th 2008, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you ever so much for all of your help.
I am going to fax London on Tuesday asking if they will accept a sworn affidavit, they already have letters from family court and im going to make an appointment with a solicitor and see if they will write a letter explaining British law.
I feel so much better now.
Can a solicitor help me do a affidavit??
Thanks again.
Old May 24th 2008, 1:56 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sas-lou
Thank you ever so much for all of your help.
I am going to fax London on Tuesday asking if they will accept a sworn affidavit, they already have letters from family court and im going to make an appointment with a solicitor and see if they will write a letter explaining British law.
I feel so much better now.
Can a solicitor help me do a affidavit??
Thanks again.
"Yes"

We got a letter signed infront of a solicotor for my husbands job experience as the company he did his training at had closed down etc, the canadian AIT said we needed a affidavit and thats what we did.

The form i spoke about earlier is here and can be done by taking your stuff to your local crown court http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...cpra2_1205.pdf

Gill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.