Info Needed

Old Dec 23rd 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

qsam101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info Needed

Hello
i applied to sponsor my wife and 2 kids in family class category and
i received a letter from Canadian immigration and they mention objection that i didn't declared my wife at port of entry so she does not appear to be a member of family class and also informed me that they r forwarding the file to visa office in Buffalo, US.
as a matter of fact when i applied for permanent residence in New York and got approved i was not married,
i got married after approval but mistake i made was not declaring her at port of entry.
My wife in US received a letter from Buffalo, informing her that they received file and case is in process.

We wrote a letter to buffalo center, appealing not to deny our case.
after that letter , we received a letter from buffalo , asking for additional information to provide them.

what r our chances of approval, any advise.
All Responses r appreciated.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info Needed

Hi

Originally Posted by qsam101
Hello
i applied to sponsor my wife and 2 kids in family class category and
i received a letter from Canadian immigration and they mention objection that i didn't declared my wife at port of entry so she does not appear to be a member of family class and also informed me that they r forwarding the file to visa office in Buffalo, US.
as a matter of fact when i applied for permanent residence in New York and got approved i was not married,
i got married after approval but mistake i made was not declaring her at port of entry.
My wife in US received a letter from Buffalo, informing her that they received file and case is in process.

We wrote a letter to buffalo center, appealing not to deny our case.
after that letter , we received a letter from buffalo , asking for additional information to provide them.

what r our chances of approval, any advise.
All Responses r appreciated.
1. You should be getting a refusal letter from Buffalo, as your spouse and children are no longer members of the family class and cannot be sponsored, 117(9)d of the Act. You will be given the appeals rights at the same time, but your only hope on appeal is Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds
2. Your second problem may be that you will be reported for misrepresentation by failing to declare your marital status at the time of your "landing" which could result in your removal from Canada.
3. Time to hire a lawyer.