Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Info on an Info only application to Candian Embassy London

Wikiposts

Info on an Info only application to Candian Embassy London

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Stayinghopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on an Info only application to Candian Embassy London

Hi Guys,

I have applied using an 'Info Only' application to see if I am deemed Criminally Inadmissable to enter Canada after a drink driving conviction in August 2001 which was spent in 2003.

My problem is that I think I have left it far to late as my flight is in little over a month and my application was only recieved in London on July 14th. So my question is how long have others had to wait for a reply as right now this is driving me nuts?!!

I would be really grateful for any help or advice, I have thought about maybe trying for a Temporary Resident Visa but am unsure if I am eligible. Its for a friends wedding which I guess is not really extreme circumstances.

So any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on an Info only application to Candian Embassy London

Welcome to the forum.

If you do a quick search I know there was a recent thread about the time for 'info only' applications which will help - unfortunately, iirc the timescale is normally about 16 weeks, so not much chance of you hearing back in time. Plus of course, if they do decide you need criminal rehab, that can take a year, so you definitely wouldn't be able to travel in September!

But if you can find the thread it should give you some more details.

Good luck.

P.S. A TRV would still need criminal rehab if applicable, so that doesn't help you either.