Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

info about credit card use on application

info about credit card use on application

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

parsj3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info about credit card use on application

hey there,

i applied in nov as fsw, using credit card as paymet method. however credit card was stolen and account cancelled.

glad to report that rather than returning my application as i expected, they sydney office has emailed me asking for another payment option or updated credit card details!!!

think this time to be safe i will go with bankers draft, one question though, will my uk bank give me a draft in canadian dollars???

any help? and is this the best way to pay?
cheers
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info about credit card use on application

yes your bank will. just ask for an international bank draft in canadian dollars made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada" (or what ever it says in the application guide). There is usually a charge and sometimes you have to wait a day or do for the bank to order it in.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: info about credit card use on application

Originally Posted by parsj3
hey there,

i applied in nov as fsw, using credit card as paymet method. however credit card was stolen and account cancelled.

glad to report that rather than returning my application as i expected, they sydney office has emailed me asking for another payment option or updated credit card details!!!

think this time to be safe i will go with bankers draft, one question though, will my uk bank give me a draft in canadian dollars???

any help? and is this the best way to pay?
cheers
Wow, that is weird, we had the same problem. Our card was copied and the bank closed the account. We contacted our consultant and sent him another card for payment. We are still waiting for our 120 day email!!!

We sent our consultant fees by bankers draft and it went very smoothly. We just had to wait a couple of days before we could pick it up and take a couple of pieces of id before they would give it to us.

Becky