Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Incredibly quick turnaround for new skilled worker app

Incredibly quick turnaround for new skilled worker app

Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future
Default Incredibly quick turnaround for new skilled worker app

Just a quick post to indicate how quickly Sydney seems to be dealing with applications under the new Fed Skilled Worker scheme.

Application sent on 2nd Jan., 2009. Arrived in Sydney, 9th Jan. Cheque cashed 14th Jan.

Reply sent from Sydney on 15th Jan (and received today) saying that my application is being recommended for further assessment by my local visa office.

Next stage is to send full application with all supporting evidence to London within 120 days.

Sounds promising, although it remains to be seen how speedily London deals with my application.
Alan
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Incredibly quick turnaround for new skilled worker app

wow, that IS fast!
good luck!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi Alan

Good to hear that the system is so quick.

I assume that you are applying for FSW visa Cat 1 (job on list)

We sent ours on 20th Jan and payment was via banker's draft so won't be able to see when they cash it. I have just checked on royal mail website but just says that item been passed onto Canadian delivery service. Hopefully ours will have arrive/be about to arrive so will hear soon.

What does it instruct you to do now?

Good luck with the rest of your application- hope it is as quick as the first part!

Lucy
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:13 am
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by drabux
Application sent on 2nd Jan., 2009. Arrived in Sydney, 9th Jan. Cheque cashed 14th Jan.
Reply sent from Sydney on 15th Jan (and received today) saying that my application is being recommended for further assessment by my local visa office.
Blimey, I was happy with 4 months, that's brilliant for you, congrats!