Increase in london quota?

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Increase in london quota?

We have just had a phone call from my husbands uncle in Canada who said he saw an article on the news that visa numbers are potentially going to more than double. Does anyone know any more?

Rgilbert
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:40 am
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Increase in london quota?

Originally Posted by rgilbert
We have just had a phone call from my husbands uncle in Canada who said he saw an article on the news that visa numbers are potentially going to more than double. Does anyone know any more?

Rgilbert
Are you referring to visa quota to CHC London or over all for all visa offices? We will be hearing lot of news like those as elections are near.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aat147
Are you referring to visa quota to CHC London or over all for all visa offices? We will be hearing lot of news like those as elections are near.
It may have been overall, not just London. Germany was also mentioned in the story so I doubt its just London. Is this the type of story that circulates around election time??
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:54 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

The CIC's goal under current government (since 1993) is to reach the annual level of immigration equal to 1% of Canada's population - in past 12 years nothing really has been done to achieve it except using this as pre-election news. This time government wants to finally promise reaching the 1% level within next 5 years - let's hope that it is not just another pre-election promise.

Nothing will be doubled. Reaching level of immigration equal to 1% of Canada's population will barely add about 80,000 visas to the current level which is 235,000 to 245,000 for this year, so it will be an increase by about 33% within next 5 years, if of course implemented.

Originally Posted by rgilbert

Rgilbert
Old Sep 29th 2005, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

RAVI10 is an unknown quantity at this point

yupe, I saw this on toronto star newspaper too yesterday. They increase from 250K to 370K applicant
Old Sep 29th 2005, 1:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

This is how rumors start - one person says that number of visas will double and then another one jumps in and says "yupe, I saw this on toronto star newspaper too yesterday. They increase from 250K to 370K applicant"....

Article is here:

http://tinyurl.com/bdaso

It says 320,000 (assuming Canada's population at present 32 million) immigrants - not 370,000.

Reality is that even if finally it is implemented it will not make any dent in the current backlog which continues to grow beyond control (per some estimates backlog is now at 700,000 applications level). Raising annual quota by about 80,000 visas over next 5 years means less than 20,000 visas extra each year - it is an annual increase of under 10% in all classes combined. Nobody will feel the difference, sorry.