Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Incorrect mailing address- quick question for exprts.

Incorrect mailing address- quick question for exprts.

Old Jul 12th 2002, 8:20 am
Sergey

Default Incorrect mailing address- quick question for exprts.

Hi there,

Quick question for the immigration experts. I have applied in London last summer
through an immigration consultant and currently waiting for my interview to be
scheduled. The company has moved to a new location quite a while ago but mailing
address in my e-application status still has not changed to a new one. I asked them a
couple of times about it and they assured me that they did send several faxes to the
London CHC informing them of the change of address. Should I just go ahead and take
this matter in my hands and finish the process myself, since it has already been
about 6 months after they changed location and the old address still remains in the
online system? I am just worried that I won't make it otherwise until 31 March 2003,
Thank you Serg

Old Jul 12th 2002, 9:20 am
Jim Humphries

Default Re: Incorrect mailing address- quick question for exprts.

The info system is not a copy of the visa office file, just a (dated) extract from
it. Here in Canada I would pay for mail to be forwarded for a least 6 months or more
if I were your advisor. Jim humphries

Sergey wrote:
    >
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Quick question for the immigration experts. I have applied in London last summer
    > through an immigration consultant and currently waiting for my interview to be
    > scheduled. The company has moved to a new location quite a while ago but mailing
    > address in my e-application status still has not changed to a new one. I asked them
    > a couple of times about it and they assured me that they did send several faxes to
    > the London CHC informing them of the change of address. Should I just go ahead and
    > take this matter in my hands and finish the process myself, since it has already
    > been about 6 months after they changed location and the old address still remains
    > in the online system? I am just worried that I won't make it otherwise until 31
    > March 2003, Thank you Serg