Wikiposts

include family members?

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:47 am
Just Joined

mountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant future
Default include family members?

On form IMM0008 details of family members...

...you must include the following details of all family members whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not....

This may sound like a stupid question but just to be 100% sure. I expect to put down no family members. I am single (have Canadian partner but we do not have common law status and are not seeking it for the purposes of this process) and have no children.

Obviously I do have family members, parents, sibling etc. but no dependents. None of my family are interested in immigrating anywhere - now or in the future - this is something I am doing entirely on my own. Surely I don't need to include any of their details on the form? I just leave this page blank, right?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:55 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: include family members?

Hi

Originally Posted by mountainxtc
On form IMM0008 details of family members...

...you must include the following details of all family members whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not....

This may sound like a stupid question but just to be 100% sure. I expect to put down no family members. I am single (have Canadian partner but we do not have common law status and are not seeking it for the purposes of this process) and have no children.

Obviously I do have family members, parents, sibling etc. but no dependents. None of my family are interested in immigrating anywhere - now or in the future - this is something I am doing entirely on my own. Surely I don't need to include any of their details on the form? I just leave this page blank, right?
Right, but you include parents and siblings on the IMM 5406.

PMM
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:34 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mountainxtc
I just leave this page blank, right?
I'm in the same position - but the pages need to have 'N/A' in each field rather than blank - which you might have actually meant but in case not () - it seems others have had forms returned if fields are left blank.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Linzania is on a distinguished road

you mentioned about the fields having N/A in them - do you mean like EVERY field that is not applicable or just the first one for the section? I have no children so have put N/A in the surname box then left all others blank...is this a good idea?!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:10 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linzania
you mentioned about the fields having N/A in them - do you mean like EVERY field that is not applicable or just the first one for the section? I have no children so have put N/A in the surname box then left all others blank...is this a good idea?!
This link has a few comments r.e. minor errors that led to forms being returned.
As a result, I am putting N/A in each empty box - hand cramp - but clear that the lack of entries are not due to oversight.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631399
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, thanks for that link. I will get the black pen out again to start my N/As too!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:32 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: include family members?

Originally Posted by Bali2010
I'm in the same position - but the pages need to have 'N/A' in each field rather than blank - which you might have actually meant but in case not () - it seems others have had forms returned if fields are left blank.
Hi,

you definitely need to put N/A in every field that doesn't apply to you! (on every form) Also make sure you sign underneath the section that states you don't have kids - we forgot to sign there and they requested new forms with the relevant sections signed Even though it's N/A you still need to sign.....

When I filled my forms in I'm sure it said in one of CIC's guides that nothing should be left blank otherwise it would delay your forms being processed

Hope this helps
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

yep, thats great! We spent a fair few hours last night putting N/A in every box that we didn't have to use...they look so funny! Just hope we get someone who won't be annoyed with it all!

On some Qs we didn't know whether to write N/A, esp ones where we checked NO then you can move to the next Q. I still wrote N/A just to keep things consistent.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

mountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant futuremountainxtc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Right, but you include parents and siblings on the IMM 5406.
I do? Wow, thanks for that, I would not have included them otherwise. In fact, I thought I did not even need this form 5406 for FSW but you are right, I do now. When I applied previously (simplified application process) you could send in this form if you had family that also wanted to immigrate but just miss it out altogether if not. Same for 5476 use of a representative, I didn't include it as I wasn't using a representative. Had I not asked this question I would have assumed it was still the same but a)looking at my 120 day letter, it does request them and b)the forms look like they have changed, i.e. you now have a box to check if you are not using a representative. So I will now include them. Thank you so much for pointing this out, I am sure I would have had my application returned if I hadn't put this stuff in.

Also thanks for posting the N/A stuff - I will get on that too!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

I will have no representative so I don't need to include form 5476 right?

You mentioned that there is a box to check if you will not have one...I can't see this. I only see a box to check if you are cancelling the appointment of a representative, so I presume that is if you have used one before...

Hope someone can correct me if I am wrong. I have not done this form and my app is ready to be posted...
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

hey linzania,

sorry if I confused you, I just skim read the form before but when I reread it I see that you check one box for appointing a representative and the other for canceling a previous appointment. so if you are not using a representative or canceling a previously appointed representative then I see no reason to include this form. well, other than that it asks for it specifically in my 120 day letter. could be another N/A job??
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

yep could well be! I'll print it off anyway just in case. Thanks though!
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:18 am
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: include family members?

You'll be dizzy with all those N/A's

Good luck with your applications guys xx