Wikiposts

importing motor bike

Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

patj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default importing motor bike

We are planning on immigrating to canada and i wish to bring my motorbike with me. it is a Suzuki RF600, does anyone know of any restrictions ie emissions that would prevent me from doing this?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 5:25 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Default Re: importing motor bike

Originally Posted by patj
We are planning on immigrating to canada and i wish to bring my motorbike with me. it is a Suzuki RF600, does anyone know of any restrictions ie emissions that would prevent me from doing this?
Hi, I'm not sure about emissions but I did read in MCN a while ago that Canadian bikes are wired so that the headlight comes on with the ignition and is therefore on all the time, so you'd have to get it re-wired. I decided to sell my TL1000 as last time I went over, I looked at the prices of bikes and they were so much cheaper it wasn't worth taking it. Did you know you'd have to re-take your bike test as well.

Tony.