Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Important: Passport request and later medical form received for the youngest...

Important: Passport request and later medical form received for the youngest...

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Guro is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Important: Passport request and later medical form received for the youngest...

We are concerned and puzzled with a developing situation so would like to hear experience and meaningful advice of immigration professionals, as well as of applicable applicants.

We just got today (Saturday) in the mail a generic letter asking for the medical exam to be performed - or at least I am reading that way. There is only one form (Section A, Client identification and summary with 11 month old picture) for our 11.5 months old daughter there. We are four member family applying for skilled immigration to Canada.

Just about 10 days ago we sent the passports and pictures of all family members to Buffalo per CIC request so we were hoping that next thing will be the passports back with the visas.

Our daughter was just 12 days old when the medical exam was performed (April 27, 2004). She was examined by the doctor - like the rest of us - and not sure why she would need to be examined again since she was and is perfectly healthy as the rest of us.

We can only speculate what is happening (she was just 2 weeks old so she could not be properly examined - wish that the doctor could tells us that earlier if that is the case, there was some paperwork that was lost for her...).

If there was a request to all of us to perfrom the medical exam - we could possibly understand since the medicals are expiring soon. We will be able to speak with doctor Monday - not working today - and maybe get some information from them, or maybe just we need to do the exam.

I am afraid that this would prolong drastically the whole process (we were waiting long for background checks). We were starting to plan to leave for Ontario relatively soon upon receiving the passports so it would affect us if the process is prolonged further...

What is the best course of action? Is it worthwhile contacting Buffalo, also? Or should we contact Ottawa related to this exam? Should we all do the medicals just in case? Just a lot of questions.

Thanks much in advance!!!
P.S. M01 code for the three members in CAIPS and the fourth (the youngest not present) although the exam was conducted and there is indication that the fax was received promptly upon her birth.

Last edited by Guro; Apr 2nd 2005 at 12:19 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Important: Passport request and later medical form received for the youngest...

Experts? Anyone?
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important: Passport request and later medical form received for the youngest...

Originally Posted by Guro
Experts? Anyone?
No-one is going to be able to give you the assistance you require over an online forum. Your options are:

1. Send an urgent fax to the visa post to find out what's going on (the request may be a mistake).
2. If the visa post does not reply, you need to hire an immigration professional for urgent assistance.

Don't wait to allow deadlines to pass.

Jeremy
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Jerrych is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you saying there is no result for the fourth (the youngest)? Then better do it as quick as possible and I guess The buffalo should look at your files in their computer system again soon.

P.S. M01 code for the three members in CAIPS and the fourth (the youngest not present) although the exam was conducted and there is indication that the fax was received promptly upon her birth.[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Yes, I am saying that the medicals were performed for the youngest as well as the rest of us but now there is the request for medicals for the youngest; the request for medical exam was made after the passports were sent to Buffalo for visa issuing per consulate request. Confusing part is that there was first request for passports and later this medical request... I know it ain't over until the fat lady sings but I was hearing her rehearsing

I 've sent yesterday a fax to Buffalo about the situation, asking for a clarification of the situation and the next steps. In meantime, I will be scheduling additional medical exam from the youngest, not to loose on time. Hope that Buffalo would be able to issue visa without again going through the medicals, Ottawa, back to Buffalo route... Will keep you posted about the development. I hope not to be among the rare who receive the PP request, send the passports and wait for a visa for much longer time than usual.

[QUOTE=Jerrych]Are you saying there is no result for the fourth (the youngest)? Then better do it as quick as possible and I guess The buffalo should look at your files in their computer system again soon.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Jerrych is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you do not clarify the situation, I think you if there is no record for your fourth in the CIC computer system (even if he/she did medical), you have to re-do it as quick as possible and ask the doctor to send the results to ottawa immediately (as far as I undestand, there is no x-ray or lab check for baby, so you can have result sent immediately), and fax buffalo to ask them review your case as soon as possible. it wouldn't take that long for bufallo to see the results.

If there is record in their computer system, your fax to buffalo may help. The key here is whether there is record for your fourth in CIC system,not medicals were or were not performed for your fourth, which you seemed confused. because you are keeping say mediacls were performed but were asked to repeat. I have several friends who did medical but for some reasons no record, so they have to re-do it again. When you had your CAIPS note, you may have noted this (you first post seemed to say so), you should have acted in that time really.

[QUOTE=Guro]Yes, I am saying that the medicals were performed for the youngest as well as the rest of us but now there is the request for medicals for the youngest; the request for medical exam was made after the passports were sent to Buffalo for visa issuing per consulate request. Confusing part is that there was first request for passports and later this medical request... I know it ain't over until the fat lady sings but I was hearing her rehearsing

I 've sent yesterday a fax to Buffalo about the situation, asking for a clarification of the situation and the next steps. In meantime, I will be scheduling additional medical exam from the youngest, not to loose on time. Hope that Buffalo would be able to issue visa without again going through the medicals, Ottawa, back to Buffalo route... Will keep you posted about the development. I hope not to be among the rare who receive the PP request, send the passports and wait for a visa for much longer time than usual.

Originally Posted by Jerrych
Are you saying there is no result for the fourth (the youngest)? Then better do it as quick as possible and I guess The buffalo should look at your files in their computer system again soon.