Important info for you all

Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:46 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Important info for you all

I got a letter from CHC (London) stating that i needed a notarised copy of permission from my ex to bring my son to Canada, it also asked for a medical for my other son who is NOT coming with us. I sent in with my application, a solicitors letter, signed by my ex and giving the permission. i also stated that my other son will not be emigrating with us but included as other members of my family. I faxed CHC and pointed out the letter and reminded them that son No.2 wasn't coming with us. The very next day (today) a very nice lady from CHC phoned me here in Canada, she very pleasantly pointed out that they still needed the notarised copy of permission and as for son No.2, she accepted that he would never be emigrating and WOULDN'T need a medical, but she said that they would also need a notarised letter to that effect.
There are 3 very important lessons to be learnt from this. 1, notarise everthing that is even remotely dubious, 2, Even if family members are not accompanying, get a notarised letter to that effect, and 3, The people at CHC are human and very nice.

On the bright side, she said that my Visa is ready to be issued once they get the 2 letters yippppeeeeeeeeee
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important info for you all

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
The very next day (today) a very nice lady from CHC phoned me here in Canada, she very pleasantly pointed out that they still needed the notarised copy of permission and as for son No.2, she accepted that he would never be emigrating and WOULDN'T need a medical, but she said that they would also need a notarised letter to that effect.
She's quite right that you will never be able to sponsor him under Family Class.

However, be aware (for future reference) that should circumstances change radically in the future - for example if his custodial parent died or became incapacitated and you were the most obvious person to care for him - you might be able to sponsor him to migrate to Canada by direct application to the Minister. As far as I know the Minister has powers under the Act to waive normal requirements in exceptional cases. This would require professional assistance at the time and it would probably help if you were Canadian citizens.

Jeremy
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:53 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

On the bright side, she said that my Visa is ready to be issued once they get the 2 letters yippppeeeeeeeeee
Congrats, glad to hear zou are that close
Old Aug 10th 2005, 9:57 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
She's quite right that you will never be able to sponsor him under Family Class.

However, be aware (for future reference) that should circumstances change radically in the future - for example if his custodial parent died or became incapacitated and you were the most obvious person to care for him - you might be able to sponsor him to migrate to Canada by direct application to the Minister. As far as I know the Minister has powers under the Act to waive normal requirements in exceptional cases. This would require professional assistance at the time and it would probably help if you were Canadian citizens.

Jeremy
Thanks jeremy, thats some very good and important advise i was not aware of, thanks again and thanks to MHHP
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough

Hiya

Can you tell me how old your 2 sons are ?
We are in similar situation but with son aged 22 in RAF and not applying and daughter 20 at uni for another two years so not applying either.
Included a notarized letter for daughter as she is under 22 but didnt send notarized letter for son who is already 22.
Wonder if this will be ok.
Hope we dont need medicals for them and letter about son too.

cheers
Rob

Thanks jeremy, thats some very good and important advise i was not aware of, thanks again and thanks to MHHP
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:51 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by robwrx
Hiya

We are in similar situation but with son aged 22 in RAF and not applying and daughter 20 at uni for another two years so not applying either.
Included a notarized letter for daughter as she is under 22 but didnt send notarized letter for son who is already 22.

cheers
Rob
Hi Rob, i'm pretty sure you have done the right thing as your son is over 22 and you have a notarised letter for your daughter.
My sons are 9 (coming) and 14 (not coming)
HTH and good luck
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for reply.
Will keep fingers crossed.
Good luck

Rob

Hi Rob, i'm pretty sure you have done the right thing as your son is over 22 and you have a notarised letter for your daughter.
My sons are 9 (coming) and 14 (not coming)
HTH and good luck
Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:14 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Your eldest is no longer a dependant, and over 22 so he would have to apply in his own right to enter Canada later, I believe. So no medical needed, no letter needed.

Your daughter is classed as a dependant.

Two situations.... If she is at Uni now and thinks she may want to join you when she is finished you should add her to the application and have her take a medical now. If you dont she will never be able to be sponsored by you.
and you will be asked to get a notorised decalration to that fact as the original poster said.

If you include her in your application (BUT NOT LANDING WITH YOU) she must have a medical, only if you may want to sponsor her later. This is first option, Or the better option for her. Get her to take medical and include her as going with you. (Assuming she is prepared to land with you and then return to UK)
She can then get a PR visa stamped. Take her over for a holiday and "land her" then she can return to UK to complete her studies. She could have two years ( possibly more) as a student to stay in UK. Then IF she decides to join you ,or maybe work out there later, she will not have to go through the hassle of you sponsoring her. She coul dreturn to Canada at any time.
She will not get an opportunity like this again, she may not see it at present but two years down the line things may be different.

Originally Posted by robwrx
Hiya

cheers
Rob
Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for advice.

We have been over this a hundred times but in the end she decided she didnt want to be put under pressure to stay in Canada for 2 years out of five to keep her PR status.
It doesnt seem long but is actually almost 5 months per year.

As I mentioned in my post earlier, we have also sent a notarized letter regarding daughter.
You are absolutely right in what you say but the application has been sent now.
If she wants to apply herself later she will probably qualify ok being the right age, having a degree and a qualification in French and good work experience for Barclaycard.

Big decision though, so lets hope it works out.

Cheers
Rob

Originally Posted by gooding
Your eldest is no longer a dependant, and over 22 so he would have to apply in his own right to enter Canada later, I believe. So no medical needed, no letter needed.

Your daughter is classed as a dependant.

Two situations.... If she is at Uni now and thinks she may want to join you when she is finished you should add her to the application and have her take a medical now. If you dont she will never be able to be sponsored by you.
and you will be asked to get a notorised decalration to that fact as the original poster said.

If you include her in your application (BUT NOT LANDING WITH YOU) she must have a medical, only if you may want to sponsor her later. This is first option, Or the better option for her. Get her to take medical and include her as going with you. (Assuming she is prepared to land with you and then return to UK)
She can then get a PR visa stamped. Take her over for a holiday and "land her" then she can return to UK to complete her studies. She could have two years ( possibly more) as a student to stay in UK. Then IF she decides to join you ,or maybe work out there later, she will not have to go through the hassle of you sponsoring her. She coul dreturn to Canada at any time.
She will not get an opportunity like this again, she may not see it at present but two years down the line things may be different.