Important Info Re Canada

Old Oct 20th 2002, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

johnparker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Important Info Re Canada

hi there, well as you may or may not have read my previous messages the other day regarding my situation . Having now been to four corners seminar for immigration we have found out quite alot about moving to canada, well firstly myself and my partner have only 69 points however because i have a national vocational qualification level 2 then this can be classed as 3 points towards our application which is good but we are still 3 points short but this is where the working visa slots in you see and then we will be over our mark as well how cool is that, also did you know that you can take your animals with you on a work visa as well and you dont have to put them in quarenteen either. Also if you are working in canada your can apply for citizenship in that country as soon as you get there, we understood that the fees are different for each person to depending on each circumstances they will do everything for you from accomodation , to employment , to landing in canada you name it they will do this , however i dont know if they are the cheaperst around at all it may be worth finding out if there are anyone cheaper first the average case can be around £3,500 which is alot of money , each case is assessed on individual basis if they dont think you have a chance then they wont put you forward for this , this just think that you are time wasting , the fee for 2 countries is £29.50 but they do newzealand, australia and canada and usa they were very helpful on the day but like anyone else i will be shopping around any one want any more info please email us on john [email protected] many thanks and thanks for reading this

john parker and bev smith
Old Oct 20th 2002, 2:54 pm
Anrkist

Default Re: Important Info Re Canada

"johnparker" wrote in message
news:449635.1035152804@britishexpats-
.com

> ... Also if you are working
    > in canada your can apply for citizenship in that country as soon as you
    > get there, ...

This is incorrect. You must become a PR and live in Canada for at least 3
years to obtain Canadian citizenship.

I believe you have posted that you are a T&D/MM. There are Canadian based
immigration consultants who will find you a Canadian T&D/MM job and arrange
for your work visa. Their costs are about 1/4 of the cost you have been
quoted. Why pay about $7,000 with no guarantee of success when you could pay
under $2,000 and have a guaranteed Canadian job and work permit?

Move to Canada and work for a couple months. Once you are positive that you
want to settle in Canada, bring your wife and children (and animals) here on
your work visa (yes this is possible). Towards the end of your first year of
working, apply for PR status. You will get 10 points for arranged employment
and a possible 5 points for adaptability.

Old Oct 20th 2002, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by johnparker:
hi there, well as you may or may not have read my previous messages the other day regarding my situation . Having now been to four corners seminar for immigration we have found out quite alot about moving to canada, well firstly myself and my partner have only 69 points however because i have a national vocational qualification level 2 then this can be classed as 3 points towards our application which is good but we are still 3 points short but this is where the working visa slots in you see and then we will be over our mark as well how cool is that, also did you know that you can take your animals with you on a work visa as well and you dont have to put them in quarenteen either. Also if you are working in canada your can apply for citizenship in that country as soon as you get there, we understood that the fees are different for each person to depending on each circumstances they will do everything for you from accomodation , to employment , to landing in canada you name it they will do this , however i dont know if they are the cheaperst around at all it may be worth finding out if there are anyone cheaper first the average case can be around £3,500 which is alot of money , each case is assessed on individual basis if they dont think you have a chance then they wont put you forward for this , this just think that you are time wasting , the fee for 2 countries is £29.50 but they do newzealand, australia and canada and usa they were very helpful on the day but like anyone else i will be shopping around any one want any more info please email us on john [email protected] many thanks and thanks for reading this

john parker and bev smith

John.

My niece and her husband went to four corners they screwed every thing up they gave them wrong info so they had to
reapply. all was lovey dovey when they first started, but when things got tough they could not be reached without phone call after phone. they paid them thousands of pounds. it was a horrible mess, they were turned down by immigration one of the reasons was the lack of information, that should have come from four corners the problem was. my niece thought she could leave it up to them as they were being paid, "boy was she wrong" STAY AWAY. go with one of the experts on the forum.

Jeannie
Old Oct 20th 2002, 8:03 pm
The Wizzard

i would take with a grain of salt any promises 4 corners make to you after
the speil they gave me a few years ago, in fact it was 4 corners 'advice'
and extortionate fees that actually prompted me to find places like
www.cic.gc.ca and read the actual law and regulations etc so you don't have
to take the word of a very large company that is in fact just trying to sell
you something.
While they did not outright lie and clearly knew their business to say that
what they told me was misleading is an understatement and their desire to
secure the fees greater than their desire for concern over their potential
clients situation.

"anrkist" wrote in message
news:w%Js9.2690$YV1.352672@read-
2.cgocable.net
    > "johnparker" wrote in message
    > news:449635.1035152804@britishexpa-
    > ts.com
    > > ... Also if you are working
    > > in canada your can apply for citizenship in that country as soon as you
    > > get there, ...
    > This is incorrect. You must become a PR and live in Canada for at least 3
    > years to obtain Canadian citizenship.
    > I believe you have posted that you are a T&D/MM. There are Canadian based
    > immigration consultants who will find you a Canadian T&D/MM job and
arrange
    > for your work visa. Their costs are about 1/4 of the cost you have been
    > quoted. Why pay about $7,000 with no guarantee of success when you could
pay
    > under $2,000 and have a guaranteed Canadian job and work permit?
    > Move to Canada and work for a couple months. Once you are positive that
you
    > want to settle in Canada, bring your wife and children (and animals) here
on
    > your work visa (yes this is possible). Towards the end of your first year
of
    > working, apply for PR status. You will get 10 points for arranged
employment
    > and a possible 5 points for adaptability.