Important Info for Dual Citizens

Old Dec 4th 2016, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

beehappy has a spectacular aura aboutbeehappy has a spectacular aura aboutbeehappy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Important Info for Dual Citizens

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
From the article
Mr. McCallum said the government’s announcement will make it impossible to revoke citizenship.

Now the current Act states this
Revocation by Minister — fraud, false representation, etc.

10 (1) Subject to subsection 10.1(1), the Minister may revoke a person’s citizenship or renunciation of citizenship if the Minister is satisfied on a balance of probabilities that the person has obtained, retained, renounced or resumed his or her citizenship by false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances.

I tend to think the Liberals will leave this part alone so the article is somewhat misleading about it making it impossible to revoke citizenship unless McCallum is about to change section 10(1) which in my opinion is insanity.

In your other thread you mention eTA however there is nothing in the article regarding this. The Liberals could have got rid of this a year ago but they didn't and if flying directly into Canada from anywhere then a dual citizen needs a Canadian passport.
Maybe it will be completely re-written
Old Dec 4th 2016, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

beehappy has a spectacular aura aboutbeehappy has a spectacular aura aboutbeehappy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
It should be easy peasy to go to Border Services office and have them wet stamp older ctzn papers with a '2016 proof of citizenship' in order for a Canadian Snr Citizen to immediately apply for a Cdn passport using other passport for photo and birth ID. Or, issue a Canadian Resident Visa for travel so a person can still use older citizen documents. How long shall we live anyway? However it seems we bow to USA rules which is evidenced by the ease of their ability to enter and exit Canada.

Sorry Citizenship is the responsibility of CIC or now known as Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada. The hint is in their title.
CBSA has always done the front line work for them and referred Immigration cases to dedicated Immigration employees. Since December 2003 there are no dedicated Immigration employees at POEs as that responsibility was shifted onto CBSA officers.

IRCC is still responsible for Citizenship so why not pop down to the local IRCC office and speak with them. Oh I forgot they closed their offices to the general public and you now need to make an appointment to see them unlike CBSA who have offices open to the public.
Yes..I have written to Citizenship Office for an appointment...they have no email and too high call volume to answer calls...
I have been into CBSA and must take docs back for assessment

IRCC is responsible for citizenship however may temporarily confer responsibility to CBSA should it be neccessary until such time volume subsides..an immigration officer does get to decide entry. The Dec 2003 dedicated imm employees at POEs sentence is not in question at this time

Last edited by beehappy; Dec 4th 2016 at 6:27 am. Reason: further info
Old Dec 4th 2016, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
You're entitled to read anything you want. When you fail to understand what people are saying (as has happened repeatedly in just a few posts), you're not going to get far in a conversation.

Helpful hint so you can get further in life: You referred to 'wanting to help the OP'. You *are* the OP. It's right there at the top. Although I can see why you might want help.
ha ha.. hahah..you just don't get it do you ..
Old Dec 4th 2016, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BristolUK
@Beehappy

Given the nature of the three whingeing threads you have started and your attitude to other people within them, how on earth did you come up with that name?

ooooo nasty..should have stayed in Bristol
Old Dec 4th 2016, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

It's so very unfortunate on this site that some posters have turned to trolling. I have originally posted a matter of information for dual citizens which is quite important. After some length some posters have changed the scope of the primary information into unrelated scenarios
Old Dec 4th 2016, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

It's so very unfortunate on this site that some posters have turned to trolling. I have originally posted a matter of information for dual citizens which is quite important. After some length some posters have changed the scope of the primary information into unrelated scenarios for other than Brits

Lets not forget this is the 'British' Expats Forum..perhaps you can post on other threads for scenarios that do not affect Canuks
Old Dec 4th 2016, 9:47 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beehappy
..perhaps you can post on other threads for scenarios that do not affect Canuks
Is that your second or third time seeking to restrict who may post and who shouldn't?

I know I've seen it twice.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Is that your second or third time seeking to restrict who may post and who shouldn't?

I know I've seen it twice.

crawl back under your stone
Old Dec 4th 2016, 2:04 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

crawl back under your stone

Bristol is actually one of the forum's good guys, perhaps he was only saying what a lot of others were thinking

Oh, and now that is your third or fourth time

Last edited by Stinkypup; Dec 4th 2016 at 2:27 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 2:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails Important Info for Dual Citizens-illustration-funny-cartoon-creature-animal-characters-eyes-hiding-under-big-rock-stones-hollow-2.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2016, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

aint nobody got time for dat
Old Dec 4th 2016, 6:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

aint nobody got time for dat
Please re-read Site Rule 1, and adjust your posting style.

I've no idea why you've been reporting people for 'rude posts', when you've been the rudest by far.

Thread closed.