Implied Status - PR Application

Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:10 pm
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Tigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Implied Status - PR Application

I have a candidate who has applied for PR under Express Entry. She is currently on a IEC visa and has said that she can still work under implied status when that runs out and until her PR comes through.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not? I was under the impression that if you were on an IEC visa the implied status wasn't applicable (I could be completely wrong! Not having to come the visa way I'm not a 100% sure on the rules)
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Implied Status - PR Application

See the sticky thread above. You're right, she's wrong!

But what stage is her PR app at and via which route? She can get a Bridging Open Work Permit once she gets to a certain stage of the application.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:17 pm
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Tigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh I was afraid of that!

I'm not sure what stage she's at, but she applied in October 2016 and seems to think she'll get it in April. She did Express Entry (I haven't spoken to her in person yet, she was presented for a role through an agency) but that's all I know right now.

Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigger1
Ugh I was afraid of that!

I'm not sure what stage she's at, but she applied in October 2016 and seems to think she'll get it in April. She did Express Entry (I haven't spoken to her in person yet, she was presented for a role through an agency) but that's all I know right now.

Thanks for the help!
Sounds like she might be eligible for a BOWP then, perhaps steer her towards that?

As long as she's actually applied for PR (and not just applied to enter the EE pool i.e. she's actually been selected and invited to apply) then she could apply for one before her IEC expires. Extend your work permit – Bridging open work permit

HTH.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:39 pm
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sounds like she might be eligible for a BOWP then, perhaps steer her towards that?

As long as she's actually applied for PR (and not just applied to enter the EE pool i.e. she's actually been selected and invited to apply) then she could apply for one before her IEC expires. Extend your work permit – Bridging open work permit

HTH.
Fabulous! I'm kinda hoping that's what she meant about being able to work in-between, and maybe she just got the wording wrong.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Tigger1
Fabulous! I'm kinda hoping that's what she meant about being able to work in-between, and maybe she just got the wording wrong.

1. You have to differentiate between submitting a profile to Express Entry and receiving an ITA (Invitation to Apply) You can only obtain a bridging work permit after submitting your application after receiving an ITA.
2. Just having a profile in EE doesn't allow the person to work.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 10:49 pm
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Yup, asked her that. Haven't heard back as yet, her IEC is until the end of March so worse case scenario we just have her as a temp and keep looking (I'm back filling my position)