immigration representatives

Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:44 am
Just Joined

nicky & paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile immigration representatives

Hi everyone
I'm new to this, so pleased to meet you all!
My husband and I are applying for immigration to Canada from the UK and have calculated our points at 72 on the CIC website. We are thinking of applying direct but before we do so, I would like to find out what the advantages of using a representative are if any, and are they very expensive.
Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2004, 6:00 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration representatives

Representatives cannot speed up the process - but well experienced immigration practitioner will assure that your application package with all supporting documents is perfectly prepared, that all evidence is 100% conclusive, that all case specific questions and doubts processing officer may have are fully addressed up front without leaving any margin for interpretation or further questions and requests for additional evidence. A single doubt or question not propeply and conclusivelly addressed in the application package may trigger interview request or at least request for additional information - this may add extra 6 to 12+ months to processing time.

Remember that application kits and instructions regardless how detailed are only generic, providing basic instructions for generic cases, they are not case specific and simply cannot provide info how to deal with individual circumstances, what doubts and questions may be raised by such, etc.

Experienced immigration practitioner authorized to represent you will be able to tailor your package to your specific circumstances and prevent delays caused by missing info or evidence.

Only members of CSIC or Law Society in Canada can represent you for a fee - and only Canadian citizens and PR can be authorized to represent you, so hire a representative based in Canada.

How expensive? You need to contact particular practitioner to find out more about prices.

You may contact me directly for free evaluation and more info - simply click on my name to the left of this post and select "Send email to...."

Originally Posted by nicky & paul
Hi everyone
My husband and I are applying for immigration to Canada from the UK and have calculated our points at 72 on the CIC website. We are thinking of applying direct but before we do so, I would like to find out what the advantages of using a representative are if any, and are they very expensive.
Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2004, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

Hi

I think that if you are sure that you have gotten 72 points, there is no reason to hire an immigration representative. I think they are good when your case is odd or you have some missing documents. Therefore, the lawyer could help you with it. Many people apply by themselves and have not had any problems. Save that money for your landing. Instructions are very clear on the web site and if there are any missing documents CIC will ask you for them. You can search on this forum and see that many people were asked for additonal documents if the CIC needs to confirm something. The only thing is that can delay the process a little bit more, it is not a big deal though. However, it is much more easier than US immigration where lawyers are nedded.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

MadHatters

Hi everyone
Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:19 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MadHatters
Hi

I think that if you are sure that you have gotten 72 points, there is no reason to hire an immigration representative. I think they are good when your case is odd or you have some missing documents. Therefore, the lawyer could help you with it. Many people apply by themselves and have not had any problems. Save that money for your landing. Instructions are very clear on the web site and if there are any missing documents CIC will ask you for them. You can search on this forum and see that many people were asked for additonal documents if the CIC needs to confirm something. The only thing is that can delay the process a little bit more, it is not a big deal though. However, it is much more easier than US immigration where lawyers are nedded.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

MadHatters
I agree with MadHatters
I just submitted 6 wweks ago myself. Lots of people here in the forum willing to help. Make sure you read the instructions 20 times and ask about anything you are not 100% sure of.

Welcome to a world of patience and hope
Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:02 am
Just Joined

nicky & paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for all your help, now I know where to come for help, I'm sure that there will be more questions as the process moves on.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:25 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Many thanks for all your help, now I know where to come for help, I'm sure that there will be more questions as the process moves on.
I got all my questions answered here. I guess in return we all try to give back...

btw where are you applying