Immigration rejection...

Old Sep 27th 2005, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

LouLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Immigration rejection...

Only just started looking into the prospect of immigration but I have one (I guess, quite odd) question...

If you fail to meet the required criteria for the immigration process - do they tell you straight away?

I am not talking about having enough points here, its more about not having enough detail in my life history (I took over a year out to travel when I was younger) and my partner having had a fine for a one off minor criminal offense. I understand that these should'nt be a problem but I do'nt relish the idea of waiting 3 years only to be told No.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Immigration rejection...

Originally Posted by LouLou
Only just started looking into the prospect of immigration but I have one (I guess, quite odd) question...

If you fail to meet the required criteria for the immigration process - do they tell you straight away?

I am not talking about having enough points here, its more about not having enough detail in my life history (I took over a year out to travel when I was younger) and my partner having had a fine for a one off minor criminal offense. I understand that these should'nt be a problem but I do'nt relish the idea of waiting 3 years only to be told No.
I do not know if cic will say no at the starting itself. The best way is to consult an immigration consultant as he would be able be specifically say if your case would be rejected or accepted.

regs.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 10:05 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Immigration rejection...

As far as I am aware they don't. Your app is dealt with in due course over the next 3 years and then you will find out. Initially, it is not assessed just allocated a number and I guess making sure all docs are there ready for assessment when it is your turn.

I stand to be corrected by someone ?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 10:33 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
As far as I am aware they don't. Your app is dealt with in due course over the next 3 years and then you will find out. Initially, it is not assessed just allocated a number and I guess making sure all docs are there ready for assessment when it is your turn.

I stand to be corrected by someone ?
i think you are right Paul but i don't think LouLou would be rejected flatly for the reasons she mentioned, at worst they would ask for further details.
LouLou, send a covering letter explaining anything that can't be documented, eg. if you spent a year travelling around europe then you passport may/may not show exit/entry stamps but state in the letter exactly what you were doing.
HTH
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:32 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

I would be in a lot of trouble if travelling time caused problems. I travelled for three and a half years.. I'm not at all concerned about this as I have yet to see anything that would indicate that there will be any problems.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

I agree with OzRob. Both my husband and I had travelled extensively and I had lived in a lot of countries. It didn't jeopardize our application at all, just made the background check a little more time consuming. I even put on my application that I took a year out for travel, listed the places and a few part time jobs I picked up along the way. As long as you are honest and list stuff as it is, you will be fine!
Tracey

Originally Posted by OzRob
I would be in a lot of trouble if travelling time caused problems. I travelled for three and a half years.. I'm not at all concerned about this as I have yet to see anything that would indicate that there will be any problems.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Your application is not straight forward, you should consider using professional help.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 5:18 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitp11
Your application is not straight forward, you should consider using professional help.
how do you come to that conclusion? taking time out for travelling is done routinely by thousands of people, partner having a minor offence is fairly common as well.

LouLou, just remember that for any country that you spent 6 months or more in, you will need a police criminal search record.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
how do you come to that conclusion? taking time out for travelling is done routinely by thousands of people, partner having a minor offence is fairly common as well.

LouLou, just remember that for any country that you spent 6 months or more in, you will need a police criminal search record.
It's not a conclusion, they are the ones that will have to come to a conclusion, just my opinion. I'm not forcing or telling them to use a consultant, merely advising them that they should consider it. If you had to wait 3 years and then be rejected on some technicality because you filled a form in correctly or forget to justify something in your cover letter, you would be extremely hacked off.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:33 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by smitp11
It's not a conclusion, they are the ones that will have to come to a conclusion, just my opinion. I'm not forcing or telling them to use a consultant, merely advising them that they should consider it. If you had to wait 3 years and then be rejected on some technicality because you filled a form in correctly or forget to justify something in your cover letter, you would be extremely hacked off.
i couldn't agree more but the way your reply read would have scared the living daylights out of me. :scared:
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

LouLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all... don't argue on account of me!

I guess it's just a matter of waiting then!

Just one more question... If we submitted our PR application now, then one of us got a job offer from Canada, would London expedite the application then? How long does that normally take?

I am not sure I can wait in this country for THREE YEARS not knowing. It will drive me insane!