Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Immigration question for the experts

Immigration question for the experts

Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Canada1702 will become famous soon enoughCanada1702 will become famous soon enough
Default Immigration question for the experts

Hello to all!

I am new in this forum but after reading the thread on the rumor that the passmark might go up I had a few questions.
We applied through Paris as skilled workers in October 2004, received the AOR in December 2004 and we're now waiting like most people here!!

The rumor on the passmark got me thinking...and I was wondering that maybe it would have been better to apply through Quebec immigration because it looks much easier and faster. The thing is that we want to settle in Vancouver....so my 2 questions are:

1) If we are selected through the Quebec immigration and land in Quebec, can we then move to a different region of Canada?
2) If we already applied as skilled workers with me being the principal applicant and my husband being the dependant, can we apply at the same time through the Quebec immigration with my husband being the principal applicant and me being the dependant? Basically, can we have 2 applications in, one through the Quebec immigration and the other one through the skilled worker class?

Thanks in advance for you help!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:19 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration question for the experts

1) With application for PR visa under any Provincial program you sign a declaration to settle permanently in nominating Province. Failure to do so will lead to having your PR status revoked.

2) No, you can't have 2 PR applications in process at the same time.

Originally Posted by Canada1702
Hello to all!

I am new in this forum but after reading the thread on the rumor that the passmark might go up I had a few questions.
We applied through Paris as skilled workers in October 2004, received the AOR in December 2004 and we're now waiting like most people here!!

The rumor on the passmark got me thinking...and I was wondering that maybe it would have been better to apply through Quebec immigration because it looks much easier and faster. The thing is that we want to settle in Vancouver....so my 2 questions are:

1) If we are selected through the Quebec immigration and land in Quebec, can we then move to a different region of Canada?
2) If we already applied as skilled workers with me being the principal applicant and my husband being the dependant, can we apply at the same time through the Quebec immigration with my husband being the principal applicant and me being the dependant? Basically, can we have 2 applications in, one through the Quebec immigration and the other one through the skilled worker class?

Thanks in advance for you help!