immigration to Quebec

Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:46 am
Just Joined

leo_mean_lion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration to Quebec

Hi every one. i need ur guidance. i m an IT Professional. As all of us know that there is no chance to migrate to Canada as an IT Professional.
Is there any chance in Quebec for IT?and is living in Quebec is good or bad.
Please need advice,
Old Aug 16th 2010, 9:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration to Quebec

Originally Posted by leo_mean_lion
Hi every one. i need ur guidance. i m an IT Professional. As all of us know that there is no chance to migrate to Canada as an IT Professional.
Is there any chance in Quebec for IT?and is living in Quebec is good or bad.
Please need advice,
How's your French?

You can migrate to the rest of Canada as an IT professional, you just need a job offer first, but it's something many on this forum have done.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 9:37 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Is it true that you can live and work in Montreal with absolutely minimal to no French? I'm talking about just general living really as opposed to immigration law.

We did take a Quebec assessment last week but failed because of our lack of French but it looks like quite an interesting area.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:32 am
Just Joined

thanks for response.
i m also confused about the assessment of educations. i have done Masters in Computer Sciences(16 years of educations). i don't know what is equivalent to this in Quebee.
I have done IELTs with 7 band and plus 7 years work experience in IT.
So what do u think what are my chances
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leo_mean_lion
thanks for response.
i m also confused about the assessment of educations. i have done Masters in Computer Sciences(16 years of educations). i don't know what is equivalent to this in Quebee.
I have done IELTs with 7 band and plus 7 years work experience in IT.
So what do u think what are my chances
Do you speak fluent French?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Is it true that you can live and work in Montreal with absolutely minimal to no French? I'm talking about just general living really as opposed to immigration law.
You can do I believe, there are English speaking pockets and fluent French isn't essential to get by - but as you've correctly said, you do need to speak French for visa purposes usually.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:53 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Which you can't blame them for I guess, they have absolutely every right to stand by their roots and it is their official language after all.

My OH currently has a bit of free time so she is trying to learn as much French as possible since we thought it would be useful in Canada anyway and she already speaks 3 languages so with any luck French wouldn't be too difficult for her.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Do you speak fluent French?
No
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:24 am
Sidecar Falcon

From what I've seen, you pretty much need French in order to pass the eligibility test although I'm not sure of what level of fluency it needs to be.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

hamidgamal is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done online evaluation and it shows that i will be only qulaified if my french skills are intermediate, i feel that my french skills are basic but i can improve it to be intermediate. my question is can i apply now and provide the french test later after improving my french skills a bit or must i provide the test first.i just worried if i wait for the test the immigration law will be changed. any advice please
Old Aug 18th 2010, 11:26 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hamidgamal
I have done online evaluation and it shows that i will be only qulaified if my french skills are intermediate, i feel that my french skills are basic but i can improve it to be intermediate. my question is can i apply now and provide the french test later after improving my french skills a bit or must i provide the test first.i just worried if i wait for the test the immigration law will be changed. any advice please
The standard they are looking for is 'A' level +. You may get called for an interview, which could well be in French. I believe you have to provide the results of IELTS or TEF with your application.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

hamidgamal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Aviator
The standard they are looking for is 'A' level +. You may get called for an interview, which could well be in French. I believe you have to provide the results of IELTS or TEF with your application.
Thanks for your reply, what A level mean beginner , intermediate or advanced i think in a matter of 3 months i can improve my french skills to be intermediate .I have done IELTS already but what is the required score to achieve the full English mark in Quebec program.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 3:16 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hamidgamal
T what A level mean beginner , intermediate or advanced
Advanced
Old Aug 19th 2010, 3:19 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I think he meant in the eyes of the French-Canadian immigration authorities, not in the eyes of the UK educational curriculum.