Immigration and Provinces...

Old Aug 21st 2004, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

cau0730 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration and Provinces...

I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is from the United States. We are applying for PR shortly, and we are trying to get a rough timeline as to how long everything is going to take. We have been following the forums here, as well as talking to other people, and we have one question we are hoping someone can answer.

Does anyone happen to know if the length of time it takes to get PR has to do with the region or province that you are applying to live in? Reason: Some of the people we talk to get their PR in a few months, some it takes half a year, some it takes one or two years. The area I live in has a very low rate of immigration (Southern Saskatchewan). Or does the timeline depend on anything else at all? Any help we can get will be very much appreciated
Old Aug 21st 2004, 3:50 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration and Provinces...

As far as spousal sponsorship goes there is no substantial difference in processing time based on the destination Province. Timeline depends more from the route selected (inland or from abroad - they differ at various times) and mostly from nationality, background and countries where sponsored spouse resided as well as from quality and conclusiveness of application package with all supporting evidence.

Originally Posted by cau0730
I am a Canadian citizen and my husband is from the United States. We are applying for PR shortly, and we are trying to get a rough timeline as to how long everything is going to take. We have been following the forums here, as well as talking to other people, and we have one question we are hoping someone can answer.

Does anyone happen to know if the length of time it takes to get PR has to do with the region or province that you are applying to live in? Reason: Some of the people we talk to get their PR in a few months, some it takes half a year, some it takes one or two years. The area I live in has a very low rate of immigration (Southern Saskatchewan). Or does the timeline depend on anything else at all? Any help we can get will be very much appreciated
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 3:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
As far as spousal sponsorship goes there is no substantial difference in processing time based on the destination Province.
Andrew - Isn't there an extra hoop to go through if the destination province is Quebec?

Jeremy
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 3:25 am

Yes, there is, but Quebec immigration is a completely separate matter and original poster disn't ask about Quebec, she asked about Saskatchewan.

Originally Posted by JAJ
Andrew - Isn't there an extra hoop to go through if the destination province is Quebec?

Jeremy
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

cau0730 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
As far as spousal sponsorship goes there is no substantial difference in processing time based on the destination Province. Timeline depends more from the route selected (inland or from abroad - they differ at various times) and mostly from nationality, background and countries where sponsored spouse resided as well as from quality and conclusiveness of application package with all supporting evidence.
Thank you, Mr Miller! That is exactly what we needed to know! I also want to thank you for this wonderful board and all its wonderful questions. It always helps us out in a tight spot.
Much appreciated
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 4:37 am

Don't thank me for this forum, I'm just a participant here as you are. Thank those who set this forum up and keep it alive. Also thank JAJ for moderating it so trolls are beeing kept away from here.

Originally Posted by cau0730
Thank you, Mr Miller! That is exactly what we needed to know! I also want to thank you for this wonderful board and all its wonderful questions. It always helps us out in a tight spot.
Much appreciated